Why is Honey Badger a big deal??
0

29 posts in this topic

9,932 posts

Are people really paying a premium for:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/435934-4-modern-characters-buyspec-sell-or-hold/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,253 posts
14 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

The speculation websites with members who buy anything they tell them too. 

It's the Mary Kay of the comics industry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29,206 posts
15 minutes ago, valiantman said:

It's the Mary Kay of the comics industry.

so are threads in CGC Modern Comics site considered the Avon of the comics industry?

where's my pink cadillac for selling so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,253 posts

It's a pyramid scheme... it depends how high you are on the chain how quickly you get the Cadillac.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40,134 posts
3 hours ago, valiantman said:

It's a pyramid scheme... it depends how high you are on the chain how quickly you get the Cadillac.

et tu, Ponzi? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,932 posts
20 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

The speculation websites with members who buy anything they tell them too. 

5 hours ago, valiantman said:

It's the Mary Kay of the comics industry.

The character has appeared in 45 issues. Longer than any Marvel series run before a reboot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,253 posts
14 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
20 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

The speculation websites with members who buy anything they tell them too. 

5 hours ago, valiantman said:

It's the Mary Kay of the comics industry.

The character has appeared in 45 issues. Longer than any Marvel series run before a reboot.

Makeup has been used since at least the ancient Egyptians.  So gathering a team of speculators for the sales of Mary Kay cosmetics must be an even better idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,898 posts
On 8/15/2018 at 7:27 PM, Aweandlorder said:

Honey Badgers are just crazyyyyyy

 

LOL...all aside though, Honey Badgers, Wolverines, Mongoose and the whole of the Badger family, are all quite fearsome/tough/stout mammals that should not be toyed with 'methinks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,932 posts
7 hours ago, valiantman said:

Makeup has been used since at least the ancient Egyptians.  So gathering a team of speculators for the sales of Mary Kay cosmetics must be an even better idea.

No clue what this means. You're saying 45 appearances is a farce made up by Mary Kay to sell more clawsmetics?

Edited by ygogolak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
433 posts

I don’t actually read this book, but have seen a few comments around from people who read All-New Wolverine and the new X-Men Red that Gabby (Honey Badger) is a good character and her and X-23 really play well off eachother. I assume the spec is that if X-23 continues to grow in popularity, so will Gabby / Honey Badger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,334 posts
5 hours ago, gradejunky said:

LOL...all aside though, Honey Badgers, Wolverines, Mongoose and the whole of the Badger family, are all quite fearsome/tough/stout mammals that should not be toyed with 'methinks

Yup. Honey Badgers don’t mess about.  Straight for the privates.

Thankfully, I doubt we’ll see that in a mainstream Marvel comic, unless Garth Ennis starts writing the book, in which case I’d expect an emasculation on the first page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,014 posts

I don't get it but the cabal of kingmakers decided it was a hot book. I made money off 'em so it's all good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,253 posts
10 hours ago, ygogolak said:
17 hours ago, valiantman said:

Makeup has been used since at least the ancient Egyptians.  So gathering a team of speculators for the sales of Mary Kay cosmetics must be an even better idea.

No clue what this means. You're saying 45 appearances is a farce made up by Mary Kay to sell more clawsmetics?

I'm saying speculation sites that are creating a horde of speculators who just march around trying to sell nothing special comics for the price of special comics are just like multi-level marketing schemes that only make money for the people at the top.  It's fine that a character has 45 appearances, but if the comic wasn't standing out in the market before the horde of speculators, it's a market built on sand.  Those speculators move on, and who's left holding the books?  Mary Kay is a good example of multi-level marketing, but a better metaphor for speculator websites is locusts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0