• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying 4 pieces

13 posts in this topic

So, the second 2 I have no idea. That one panel almost looks like the way Andy kubert drew background faces that he didn't put much time into. None of the rest of these 2 pages says AK to me, but maybe he inked? They're both 80s-90s. Outside of that, no clue. The Spidey page came from Jose Delbo. Inks by Joe Sinnott. At first I thought maybe Spider-Man and his Amazing friends #1 because of Firestar, but it's not that. Also, her inclusion means it's not Spidey Super Stories since I believe that series only had 2 issues after she first appeared, and I don't think Doc Ock was in those 2 issues...Jose said something about a children's story, but even he couldn't remember.  Last one I've been told is possibly from an issue of Creepy or Eerie, but not sure. Any help or pointing in the right direction appreciated. 

20180815_010945.jpg

20180815_010906.jpg

20180815_010911.jpg

20180815_010928.jpg

20180815_011530.jpg

Edited by Real Elijah Snow

Looks like the Jose Delbo page is from the same story as these:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/panel-pages/jose-delbo-and-joe-sinnott-spider-man-and-firestar-vs-doctor-octopus-page-original-art-group-marvel-c-1992-total-3-items-/a/110061-11603.s

They ID it as a "learn to read" title, but it doesn't look like they found the specific publication.  

1 hour ago, bisquitodoom said:

Looks like the Jose Delbo page is from the same story as these:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/panel-pages/jose-delbo-and-joe-sinnott-spider-man-and-firestar-vs-doctor-octopus-page-original-art-group-marvel-c-1992-total-3-items-/a/110061-11603.s

They ID it as a "learn to read" title, but it doesn't look like they found the specific publication.  

AWESOME! That's got to be from the same story. The only weird thing is that the pages from HA look way less detailed. The back of mine says "Joe Sinnott inks" and it seems to be a way more finished version of those pages. In any event, thanks so much for posting. Very helpful.

6 hours ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

Haha! Yeah, hit the post without adding pics on accident.  That "creepy/eerie" page is signed by Poe De Leon at the bottom btw. 

I remember when you posted this last year and Creepy #141 was suggested as the source, but it isn't - here is a website I found that scanned that short story:

https://cv-zedricdimalanta.tumblr.com/post/132655492277/filipino-comics-art-fridays-alfonso-deleon

Edited by SquareChaos
Typo

I think page number 2 features Spider-Man 2099 (the girl looks like his hologram Lyla). Maybe from issue 40, inked by Bill Sienkiewicz.

Page number 3 reminds me of Denys Cowan and Milestone.

Edited by Mycroft

16 hours ago, Mycroft said:

I see you're selling them at comiclink ... 

Would have liked to know if i was right about those pages ... 

Sorry, forgot to come back to this thread after a while. 

I never did find the books that these came from. I did check the Spidey 2099 books you mentioned.