• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect and ComicLink August auctions
8 8

356 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

$62k last time, $52k this time.  hope it doesn't belong to anyone on the boards here

It does now . . .

You say “regraded”, and that sends a shiver down my spine.  What was it before?

Do you have links to when it previously sold on Clink?

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost
More stuff

56 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

$62k last time, $52k this time.  hope it doesn't belong to anyone on the boards here

ouch ! $52K minus the 10% minus cost of re-grading.

Edited by Gotham Kid

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

As a fellow boardie, extremely sorry to hear that you wasn't able to snag this unbeatable possibly once in a lifetime copy of a truly classic GGA cover by L.B.Cole.  :foryou:

Just wondering, did you put in your bid at the last second or was it from a prior max bid that you had placed before the end of this auction listing?  hm

Last second bid. With CL I generally wait until the clock hits about 15 seconds and then drop my "max." In all honesty, I didn't think this one was going to top out as high as it did. If it was a bid war format, I likely would have taken it into the low 40's. Oh well, I guess that frees up some cash for the next few days :nyah:

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

It does now . . .

It was a 6.5 with one cf detached 

i saved image 

34DBCF8A-D411-4D3D-AF0B-E94E589627A9.jpeg

Edited by G.A.tor

9 hours ago, Howling Mad said:

I'm never going to get a Captain America #74 - http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=1272013

My max bid was $50 under the winning bid. I'm hoping it wasn't really that close and that their max was much higher. Ugh. I would have felt better if it ended up in the 8's or 9's...

I was in on it as well, but didn't make it close to the hammer price.  Honestly, the book wasn't even on my radar until I saw it up for auction.  I don't remember ever seeing one so I had to jump in.

1 hour ago, grube09 said:

I was in on it as well, but didn't make it close to the hammer price.  Honestly, the book wasn't even on my radar until I saw it up for auction.  I don't remember ever seeing one so I had to jump in.

Wonder if someone is going to gamble and remove the CT and put in a blue holder.  If it retains the 4.0 or even a 3.5, big win. 

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
5 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

It does now . . .

It was a 6.5 with one cf detached 

i saved image 

34DBCF8A-D411-4D3D-AF0B-E94E589627A9.jpeg

Looks like the PQ got downgraded on resub.  

Does the fact that it previously said 2 center wraps detached and now just says "centerfold detached" mean that one wrap got reattached?

Edited by tth2

2 minutes ago, tth2 said:

Looks like the PQ got downgraded on resub.  

Does the fact that it previously said 2 wraps detached and now just says "centerfold detached" mean that one wrap got reattached?

No, it was the other way around:  it had just the centerfold detached the first grading, but had 2 wraps detached the second grading. I’m talking to CGC about it now.

1 hour ago, szavisca said:

Had to go a little bananas to get this last night, but feel pretty confident that this'll look like a bargain in not too long, my favorite of the run by far.

CowgirlRomances11NM.jpg

That is awesome.  Congrats!

4 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

No, it was the other way around:  it had just the centerfold detached the first grading, but had 2 wraps detached the second grading. I’m talking to CGC about it now.

It probably got pressed too hard.  The problem can be fixed in a lot of cases if the presser is careful and notices the problem.

12 hours ago, Howling Mad said:

I'm never going to get a Captain America #74 - http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=1272013

My max bid was $50 under the winning bid. I'm hoping it wasn't really that close and that their max was much higher. Ugh. I would have felt better if it ended up in the 8's or 9's...

Wow. That's a stiff price for a PLOD. Paid not much more than that for a blue 5.5 a year or two ago. 

Going up and up, like everything else I guess.