• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect and ComicLink August auctions
8 8

356 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Am I missing an obvious way to review the completed auctions on ComicConnect?  The links I'm clicking keep showing me what hasn't ended yet.  I wanna see some completed results! lol

If you keep the email messages sent to you by CC a couple of weeks ago, you can have access to every single auction listing that they have.  :gossip:

Similar to the Heritage archives, these links seems to remain active forever, which allows you to then go back and see all of the previous auction results in detail bu individual lot.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:
15 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Am I missing an obvious way to review the completed auctions on ComicConnect?  The links I'm clicking keep showing me what hasn't ended yet.  I wanna see some completed results! lol

If you keep the email messages sent to you by CC a couple of weeks ago, you can have access to every single auction listing that they have.  :gossip:

Similar to the Heritage archives, these links seems to remain active forever, which allows you to then go back and see all of the previous auction results in detail bu individual lot.  (thumbsu

OK, but that's just one book at a time.  How do I scroll through a page of results (from last night) in a way that looks like it did when there was still time remaining?

7 minutes ago, valiantman said:
11 minutes ago, lou_fine said:
23 minutes ago, valiantman said:

OK, but that's just one book at a time.  How do I scroll through a page of results (from last night) in a way that looks like it did when there was still time remaining?

Well, I guess you can't have it all and I personally wouldn't complain on this point. (thumbsu

At least it's a whole ton better than CL which provides you with absolutely zippo nadda if you want to access their auction results history.  :frown:   :censored:

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Is it just me or has AS8 cooled down ... a LOT !

5.5@60K

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=769313

I think it went too high to begin with, so coming back to reality..  There's like around 4-5 overpriced copies up on ebay as we speak.  Seems to be readily available

42 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I guess you can't have it all and I personally wouldn't complain on this point. (thumbsu

At least it's a whole ton better than CL which provides you with absolutely zippo nadda if you want to access their auction results history.  :frown:   :censored:

If you want to look at recent auction results (like... last night) on ComicLink, it's no problem.  They scroll through pages of results at a time. 

But where do the ComicConnect auction results go?  Sales history starts at 2012 on page 1.  What page does "last night" start?

Edited by valiantman

40 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Sounds like it even looks though there is a new Wonder Woman in the works and last one was really good (I thought). 

Been like this for a while. Some people still trying to get 2017 prices and they just sit 

3 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

There were a few books I was looking closely at that are IMO just great on the clink auction.  The Torch 23 Aurora, Marvel Mystery 28, One that hasn't yet closed yet, the ZIP 14 Larson (love those rattler covers).
I wish I could have bid on all of them.

I stayed focused and got the 1 book I was after before the auction started.  There's one more I have an impulse bid on that I doubt I'll get but we'll see.

Here's the one I kept focus on and walked away with.  Fight Comics 31.

OMG I never saw the head chop before!  Wow!

9 minutes ago, valiantman said:
52 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

If you want to look at recent auction results (like... last night) on ComicLink, it's no problem.  They scroll through pages of results at a time. 

Yes, but that's only until the end of the auction early next week.

After that, you won't be able to see anything at all. :frown:

At least with CC, you can still scroll through all their links and simply call up any any lot you want to take a look at, with no end time at all.  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

I'm not too sure about jiminy cricket, but I can confirm that a boardie did take it home. Nice to know I was bidding in excellent company!

Mystery_Men_1_2018_08_29_CL.thumb.jpg.e0cd8aa992f2fc47f33e8284780f1b21.jpg

Congrats to whoever the winner is since it's a board member here, on a super pickup for what I considered to be probably one of the Top 3 keys books in the early Fox stable.  :applause:

You definitely don't see this book come to market that often, especially a stunning copy like this that simply presents so nicely relative to its assigned grade.  :cloud9:

Edited by lou_fine

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Congrats to whoever the winner is since it's a board member here, on a super pickup for what I considered to be probably one of the Top 3 keys books in the early Fox stable.  :applause:

You definitely don't see this book come to market that often, especially a stunning copy like this that simply presents so nicely relative to its assigned grade.  :cloud9:

Thanks Lou. I'm thrilled to have scored it. Agree, for a 3.0, the cover shows really well. I realized it was going to be a "go big or go home" scenario. I'm just relieved that @atomised didn't go bigger than me!

19 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

There were a few books I was looking closely at that are IMO just great on the clink auction.  The Torch 23 Aurora, Marvel Mystery 28, One that hasn't yet closed yet, the ZIP 14 Larson (love those rattler covers).
I wish I could have bid on all of them.

I stayed focused and got the 1 book I was after before the auction started.  There's one more I have an impulse bid on that I doubt I'll get but we'll see.

Here's the one I kept focus on and walked away with.  Fight Comics 31.

Fight31.thumb.jpg.c2e7b56668dc32646329db823b828dff.jpg

Beautiful Copy MEB!  Heck, any copy of Fight 31 is a good one.