• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Comic Shop Experience
1 1

48 posts in this topic

also, if you look in the Comic General subforum, you can find more than a few threads on mycomicshop or 'MCS'.  The forum has a search function to help you search.  But the feedback already given seems pretty consistent with my experience as well.  For books they buy from others or consign for others, they are generally UNDERGRADED.  For books that are just part of their backstock, I would say its a little less consistent (might get a lesser one OR a better one), but on average the grading is still solid.

I've been using MCS for about 15 years. I'd rather sell/trade comics with them than use ebay  for that purpose. If I have a problem, they fix it right away, not later.

I just sent them a box of transactions just a few hours ago.

thanks for all of the feedback guys... reason asking is because i recently purchased a Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 from them and it came poorly packaged (absolute joke) and the CGC case was cracked in the top right corner. The book seemed to be undamaged however. They offered a full refund or could send it to CGC first to see if the grade stays a 9.8 and obviously refund me if it came back worse.

I told them i still want it if it is indeed a 9.8 after CGC regrades... but feel i derserve a 10% discount at least for all of the trouble.. customer service treated me like i didnt just spend a fortune on this book..

The box it came in did not say "fragile" or "handle with care" and they didn't use bubble wrap or any other protective shipping supplies...

Very upset with the lack of care by MCS on such a high grade comic

I believe in journalism this is known as burying the lead...

Every slab I have ever received from MCS has been packed in its own box and then that box is wedged securely between four foam blocks inside a larger box. Maybe they had someone new in shipping the day you ordered? Was the outer box damaged? I think it's fair if they cover return shipping costs and reholder in fees. Hope it finds its way back to you in the same condition as when you bought it. :wishluck:

1 hour ago, mtv2222 said:

thanks for all of the feedback guys... reason asking is because i recently purchased a Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 from them and it came poorly packaged (absolute joke) and the CGC case was cracked in the top right corner. The book seemed to be undamaged however. They offered a full refund or could send it to CGC first to see if the grade stays a 9.8 and obviously refund me if it came back worse.

I told them i still want it if it is indeed a 9.8 after CGC regrades... but feel i derserve a 10% discount at least for all of the trouble.. customer service treated me like i didnt just spend a fortune on this book..

The box it came in did not say "fragile" or "handle with care" and they didn't use bubble wrap or any other protective shipping supplies...

Very upset with the lack of care by MCS on such a high grade comic

Graded books are typically packed in a specially designed box - white- and then shipped well protected in a larger box.  Are you saying it was not packed this way or was it indeed packed this way and sustained damage in transit?  Would appreciate pictures of the packaging.

Edited by thehumantorch

27 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Graded books are typically packed in a specially designed box - white- and then shipped well protected in a larger box.  Are you saying it was not packed this way or was it indeed packed this way and sustained damage in transit?  Would appreciate pictures of the packaging.

How does a Walking Dead CGC 9.8 get packaged like this?? 2 little pieces of 2 inch foam and some paper haha

20180813_100221.jpg