• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how to go about getting started.

4 posts in this topic

Sorry Iposted this in wrong place first but here goes again here, mabe admin or someone could also explain to me  how to delete the other??

I'm real new at all this CGC so hope you guys can help guide me. I have a Wolverine Vol. 3 number 24 graded 9.8 that ,yes my dumb butt dropped it a very short juggle drop but now as is my luck it has a small crack running on the top back about 2 to 3 inches long. I want to get it re cased. I have never submitted any comics myself so this is all Greek to me. Do i first have to upgrade my CGC account to associate? Which I was going to do anyway cause I want to get some of my collection graded. Then I guess I choose the re-holder option? Then it says 15.00 but at the top it says 

a $5 handling fee per invoice applies to all online submissions, and an $8 handling fee per invoice applies to all PDF/paper submissions.

so how much do I send them just to get this book re cased?? Please excuse my ignorance on all this and can someone who has done this or understands, guide me through what I really need to do here just to get this book done and back in it's original shape. Thank you to all who take your time to deal with me. Mean while I will be searching the site for answers as well. Peace

honestly, this question is probably better asked in a direct email or phone call to CGC, you can even use the template below.

Hello CGC,

I have XXXXX book, certification #xxxxxxxx.  My CGC membership # is XXXXX.   The case is damaged, and the book is not damaged.  I would like to re-holder it. Can you walk me through the process and the costs of doing so?  And also guide me through filling out the form? Thanks so much for your help.

Regards,

XXXXXX

I'm currently holding onto my broken slab books until I have a few to make it worth the cost of shipping and insurance.  You'll pay the $5 PER INVOICE (which means you could submit 1-xxx books under that fee - maybe there is a max, you'll have to check), but there is a sweet spot when it comes to shipping/insurance charges.  I'm thinking about 10-15 books only.  Yes, the fee is $15 per book to reholder.  Yes, you have to pay for shipping both ways (to and from Sarasota).  It gets pricey.