• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink sale has started
2 2

94 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, fsumavila said:

A Byrne/Austin page from the most iconic X-Men storyline ever? I'm surprised it's not higher

You can also see that it has no word ballons on it and most art from that time perios does so all art could be also more attractive.

On 8/17/2018 at 5:49 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Trying to figure out why on earth the X-men 132 panel page is currently at $10,000+... hm 

It is the page that has Wolverine falling into the sewer.  Not great images of it, but it leads into some pretty iconic images at the end of this issue and in the next issue.  I think most of the pages from the next issue aren't going anywhere any time soon, so possibly some see it as the next best thing? 

Help educate me on this cover and why it's so high already.  Not familiar with the artist and don't see the issue as a key.  Really curious on what I'm missing.  Is it because of the combination of the characters, or is uncanny x-force covers hard to get?  Is this artist's work rare?  Thanks!

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FALLSUB.ASP%3F_SORT%3DYES%26Focused%3D1%26id%3D1398%26f1%3Da.MaxBid%26ODire1%3DDESC%26f2%3Di.Publisher%2C%2Bi.IssueNumber%2C%2Bi.Genre%26ODire2%3DASC%26f3%3Da.MaxBid%26ODire3%3DASC%23Item_1270156&id=1270156&itemType=1

Edited by Sooners151

9 hours ago, Sooners151 said:

Help educate me on this cover and why it's so high already.  Not familiar with the artist and don't see the issue as a key.  Really curious on what I'm missing.  Is it because of the combination of the characters, or is uncanny x-force covers hard to get?  Is this artist's work rare?  Thanks!

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FALLSUB.ASP%3F_SORT%3DYES%26Focused%3D1%26id%3D1398%26f1%3Da.MaxBid%26ODire1%3DDESC%26f2%3Di.Publisher%2C%2Bi.IssueNumber%2C%2Bi.Genre%26ODire2%3DASC%26f3%3Da.MaxBid%26ODire3%3DASC%23Item_1270156&id=1270156&itemType=1

It's the artist

He doesn't do a lot and has a bit of a cult following.

2 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

It's the artist

He doesn't do a lot and has a bit of a cult following.

Thanks!  I looked him up in CAF and didnt see too many examples.  Just some higher priced listed items.

13 hours ago, NinjaSealed said:

Fairly strong early prices. The Perez Infinity Gauntlet page is already over $20K!

I went back and forth with someone yesterday up to 20K.  Every time I bid, they bid more.  Someone clearly wants this very badly!

1 hour ago, dem1138 said:

I went back and forth with someone yesterday up to 20K.  Every time I bid, they bid more.  Someone clearly wants this very badly!

Respectfully - can you say - has bidding high early ever worked for you? You mentioned going back and forth.  Which means at one point you were on top and then he was on top. If you had put the big # in at the end as clink doesn't have back and forth at the end - would that not have worked better ?

1 hour ago, Panelfan1 said:

Respectfully - can you say - has bidding high early ever worked for you? You mentioned going back and forth.  Which means at one point you were on top and then he was on top. If you had put the big # in at the end as clink doesn't have back and forth at the end - would that not have worked better ?

It seems to have worked for the other guy!

Edited by Jay Olie Espy
Typo

3 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

In retrospect probably yes. I think I got caught up in the one upsmanship. But I have established a high bid in the past early on and found it separates the wheat from the chafe, so to speak, and I’ve won by knocking everyone else out early. This strategy also works the other way by letting me know early on that someone wants it more and I can move on. 

But yes, I certainly could’ve waited until the end and may have won at 20k if the other bidder would’ve been caught off guard by that last minute bid. 

However, I’ve talked with others and at least one expects it to go higher so bidding may have gotten this aggressive in the last days regardless. 

So for me I know to move on to other things early in the bidding process. 

Edited by dem1138