• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink sale has started
2 2

94 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

Don’t forget to bid today! 

People seem to struggle to remember following a long holiday weekend!

Oh yeah!!!  And I donated a Jim Lee/Williams Wildcats page and a Marc Silvestri/Williams Cyberforce page to charity in this auction.  As Mephisto says, don't forget!

RADD5391201887_16026.jpgNo automatic alt text available.

Compare these two pages. One (to the left) is by Sal Buscema (an currently sitting at the Comic Link auction on $579, and will probably go for at least $750). The other (to the right) is by Arvel Jones.

I posted the original version of the page to the right in another thread about what constitutes a "B" page, etc.

Which one do you think is better (taking the tone of the scans out of it).

Edited by PhilipB2k17

51 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Compare these two pages. One (to the left) is by Sal Buscema (an currently sitting at the Comic Link auction on $579, and will probably go for at least $750). The other (to the right) is by Arvel Jones.

I posted the original version of the page to the right in another thread about what constitutes a "B" page, etc.

What issue is that Jones page from?

59 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Sal B every day! 

59 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

If we're talking "Better" as in looking, I am going with Sal. As a sequential art page, it just rolls and flows way better.

If we're talking valuation, it's like two different universes. Sal B. on the Flagship Cap title, in a sweet spot of late bronze/early copper age vs. Arvell inked by Day who's got a teeny tiny resume in comics from a Cap annual in 1994 (the dark times). 

1 minute ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Cap Annual #13. And the GCD says Sal only did breakdowns on that page, not full pencils.

Still, most folks are going to take a sprinkling of Sal with some Espo from 1978, over Arvell inked by Day (Who?) from 1994. 

Just now, comix4fun said:

If we're talking "Better" as in looking, I am going with Sal. As a sequential art page, it just rolls and flows way better.

If we're talking valuation, it's like two different universes. Sal B. on the Flagship Cap title, in a sweet spot of late bronze/early copper age vs. Arvell inked by Day who's got a teeny tiny resume in comics from a Cap annual in 1994 (the dark times). 

Fair enough. Though, I'm not sure I agree on the "flows better" argument.

4 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I was looking at "David Day" 

as GCD lists him as the first inker on this story... 

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:David_Day/Inker

Edited by comix4fun

Just now, PhilipB2k17 said:

Hard to say whether Dan or David inked it.

Well, neither one of them is Gene....which is the only artist that might boost value.