• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Basketball at Wizard World Chicago
2 2

32 posts in this topic

It's time for our annual "keep your day job basketball game"

Time: 8:00AM Friday, August 24th (Usually goes to 10:30 or so)

Place: Rosemont Health And Fitness (A couple of miles away but you will need an Uber for sure)

10225 W Higgins Rd.

Des Plaines IL 60018

(847) 698-2582

Cost: $25 (CASH ONLY!)

$20 if you are able to present a hotel room key (all hotels qualify). Need a room key for each player present to qualify for the discount.

Details: You must have a photo ID. No exceptions.

You must be 16 as of 8/24/18

As evidenced by our previous games, no skill required.  

Alex, Austin, and I are all in.

Post here or PM me if you can make it.

41 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

For money anything can be arranged.  

Draftkings will be setup at courtside to take wagers on which team will win.

Doug Schmells team has requested that a keg be setup courtside instead of gatorade.  

Roy has requested that the musical entertainment be Alice in chains and Led Zeppelin.

Alex Reece has requested a pair of 80's basketball trunks to throw the old guys off their game. 

Gator has requested a oxygen tank and coke zero for revival.

We can have Good Bob and Bad Bob as commentator. :banana:

Alice in Chains. :cloud9:

1 hour ago, shortboxed said:

Can you organize a game at Baltimore Comic Con? :wishluck:

Do you know the area well?

Is there a court that you know that we can play at (preferably in door)? Like a local gym that is available?

The hard part is finding a suitable place. In Rosemont we have the fitness center. We've also played in San Diego outside behind the convention center on SD Bay.

55 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Is there a court that you know that we can play at (preferably in door)? Like a local gym that is available?

The hard part is finding a suitable place. In Rosemont we have the fitness center. We've also played in San Diego outside behind the convention center on SD Bay.

I don't - flying cross country from San Francisco. Sorry to de-rail the thread from WW, but if someone wants to organize a basketball game during Baltimore, start a new thread and count us (2 people) in!

Edited by shortboxed

3 minutes ago, shortboxed said:
58 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I don't - flying cross country from San Francisco. Sorry to de-rail the thread from WW, but if someone wants to organize a basketball game during Baltimore, start a new thread and count us (2 people) in!

No worries on derailing.

If anyone reading this is from B-more and had any suggestions, message me and we'll try to make it work.

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

Let me know if you can get @arexcrooke in for a real sport, then I might commit.

We can set up a wrestling match in Baltimore. Arex might be there.

:devil:

12 hours ago, Guardian Comics said:

I would pay money to see @arexcrooke again!!!

JJ

He's going to be in Baltimore so be there!!!!