• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade please Hulk 180

7 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Brooklynmet said:

All advice welcome.

Just as I suspected, the book hasn't changed much since yesterday, it still looks the same:

2.0 is a fair call. Mangled but intact, without missing pieces. If it's complete, cover still somewhat attached, 2.0 it is. If the cover is off, 1.5 to 1.8.

As someone else suggested, backboard and a mylar or bag, and into your collection as is.

10 hours ago, Brooklynmet said:

I don’t know.   I’ve treated the book to a good backboard plastic holder. I live in St. Petersburg and I go off and to CGC in Sarasota the drop stuff off. Do you think this will be worth it? 

Don't assess the value of a Lou Ferrigno signed item based on some seller's $5000 Ebay BIN price.  You can buy as many PSA or JSA certified Ferrigno autographed 8X10s as you wish for under $100 that would be far more attractive and appealing than a signed item in this condition. Also, unless he used a very heavy paint pen, which would certainly obscure the legibility of the signature, IMO, the ink from a standard marking pen like a Sharpie would bleed, feathering outward from the written line, into and along those deep creases, like spikes. I think the final product, this 180 with a Ferrigno auto would be less than attractive and completely lacking in the eye appeal that auto collectors of signed comics desire. This would not be a good choice as a signing medium.

5 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Don't assess the value of a Lou Ferrigno signed item based on some seller's $5000 Ebay BIN price.  You can buy as many PSA or JSA certified Ferrigno autographed 8X10s as you wish for under $100 that would be far more attractive and appealing than a signed item in this condition. Also, unless he used a very heavy paint pen, which would certainly obscure the legibility of the signature, IMO, the ink from a standard marking pen like a Sharpie would bleed, feathering outward from the written line, into and along those deep creases, like spikes. I think the final product, this 180 with a Ferrigno auto would be less than attractive and completely lacking in the eye appeal that auto collectors of signed comics desire. This would not be a good choice as a signing medium.

Thank you