• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Fantastic Four #1
4 4

100 posts in this topic

Most of you know I'm a big F.F. fan, so I stopped by my LCS today and looked at the new ( again ) #1. First of all the book is $5.99 but what is more disturbing is when you open it up and look at the first page and you go numb looking at the art work. I don't know if I've ever seen anything as wretched and as bad as this. Just god awful. I wanted to buy one just to post some pics of the work but I refused to give them a dime for that bile. OMG. I was trying to think of what I could compare the Thing's face too but it has escaped me for the moment.

Edited by DR.X

31 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

how many members are in the Fantastic Four-- the answer does not appear to be four

Still missing Crystal, She-Thing, Lyja, and Wolverine.  If Herbie's there, Wyatt should be as well.

In the end, it's a silly modern book, and I'm no fan of Dan Slott either.  It'll be in the dollar bins soon enough.

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

from #2

Cover._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

from #3

Cover._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

OK. So She Hulk's face is modeled after Bela Lugosi as Dracula and the Hulk's pose, body, and even face is literally a drawn-over photograph of Roelly Winklaar. Those two I know and wouldn't mistake. Are all of these color-ed over stills from live photos? Some others look very familiar.

Edited by James J Johnson

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Kirby is spinning in his grave as fast as the main rotor on an AH-64 Apache helicopter, if he wasn't 6 feet under he could hover.

Where's my "fist punching through a coffin" meme when I need it!!!

Why has the standard fallen in today's comic books, the artwork is juvenile and more suited to those teenage love novels. Granted they have their fans however is it because they don't have much competition or are the editors just lazy? I personally stopped reading Spider-man after nearly 45 years because of both Slott and Ramos, they killed my beloved Spidey were all those villains couldn't.     

6ede38d7592796d963f933e0e1d94fd6.thumb.jpg.6e760d35b32f3a214eb39017032c6a4c.jpg530-90_54dd869d5b836.jpg.0609facebfd29cccb8881b075365f318.jpg