• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rude email from Emory Sena

39 posts in this topic

Just had a rude email exchange with someone called Emory Sena. He was selling 27 page of art but showed only 4 pages on his site. He told me the price and I asked to see the other 23 pages. I was seriously thinking about buying the set. This was his response.

I'll post a few more pages on my Web site later today for you, but if you want to see all 27, it's not going to happen.
———
Who the hell hell would buy 7k plus of art without see it?

Post them all to your website or not, but I’d better be seeing some scans...

You never know what may pop up in the ones they just happened to choose not to show. Slightly less of a concern for modern art, of course. 

Edited by MOStateSuperman

4 hours ago, Mftonto said:

Who the hell hell would buy 7k plus of art without see it?

He MUST be a noob. Patience.  A gentle correction would probably be advised - has he provided at least a list of what's on offer?

7 hours ago, thethedew said:

He MUST be a noob. Patience.  A gentle correction would probably be advised - has he provided at least a list of what's on offer?

Given the name and where he lives I believe he's in his 60's, sounds like he's easily bothered. 

9 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

This post really bothers me but in my defence, I'm in my 60s lol

I was making a "not a newb" defense.....by replacing it with "I've been in this hobby longer than you've been alive and I'm not having any of it" stance.

I'm in my late 40's and far saltier than this guy anyway, 

an odd response indeed - but... 

he may be wanting to thwart someone from taking his scans and 'reprinting' them as an unpublished story. 

if he doesn't have the technical skills to add a digital watermark - he could place a piece of paper covering up a portion of each page.
This could protect his concerns and give you some assurance of the quality and their existence 
(you could also ask him to take a picture with the current date handwritten so you know the pictures to be new) 

7 hours ago, Mftonto said:

It was unpublished pages of Dracula. 

SONNY TRINIDAD An unpublished, complete, 27 page story, entitled "CALL OF DRACULA

Emory Sena
P.O. Box 13720
Tucson, AZ 85732

www.emorysmemories.com

Cranky guy. And, a lousy businessman. Doesn’t he know a picture is worth a 1,000 words?

Unless the book was great and the price was cheap to you, or if you really had to have it, move on.

All I can say is that I bought something (forgot what) from him in my early days of collecting (early 1990's).  I didn't have any issues with him or the transaction.

Edited by Will_K

10 hours ago, torontodesignguy said:

an odd response indeed - but... 

he may be wanting to thwart someone from taking his scans and 'reprinting' them as an unpublished story. 

if he doesn't have the technical skills to add a digital watermark - he could place a piece of paper covering up a portion of each page.
This could protect his concerns and give you some assurance of the quality and their existence 
(you could also ask him to take a picture with the current date handwritten so you know the pictures to be new) 

This. He thinks your a scan collector. I've seen it before. 

7 hours ago, Shemp said:

This. He thinks your a scan collector. I've seen it before. 

I was thinking he finds the idea of scanning 27 pages of art to be a bit of a chore (8 sample page scans ought to provide a good indication of the story and art) though he should have been less harsh in his response. 2c