• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Lloyd Bailey Donations Sales Thread
3 3

59 posts in this topic

This one is really more for the obscure indy hunter.  The story behind this one----it's a publication that never really saw the light of day.  Steve Bissette was doing a book called TABOO at the time.  This was an insert, an "ashcan" of an upcoming title that he was doing with Neil Gamain.  Steve did a signing for me years ago and these were from his own file copies.

Sweeny Todd Penny Dreadful #nn CGC 9.9 mint s/s Bissette - $250

sweenymint.jpg&key=ec6fd3c2e971b181b3917

Speaking of obscure----if you're a John Bolton fan, you'll appreciate these.  This is a book that Bolton worked on over the course of several years, of which I believe it was a trilogy.  They were only available in the UK.  These are from Bolton's private file copies that I bought from him at our first private signing in London.

SHAME #1 CGC 9.8 s/s John Bolton - $125

shame1A.jpg

Hi all,

I just wanted to update anybody who has been reading – I can obviously not detail into the specifics due to the on-going legal nature but it has been a very emotional time for us these past few months.  The legal costings have exceeded estimates and are currently at circa £22,000 which has really devastated us.  Whilst we are confident they should not be successful in obtaining an order for the safety works be achieved, as I simply do not own the structure.  Should I lose, I will likely face a Council bill of circa 70% of legal costings they have incurred, which will be higher than my costings due to the likelihood of them gunning for all fees and the reality of making an example of myself for standing up to them.  This simply being unaffordable - i.e. should I lose, I will therefore lose my home and have to claim bankruptcy and as these are criminal proceedings against me (as this in the court platform of the Council), I will be left with a criminal record.

Whilst I am content they will not succeed, it should not be in court in the first instance.  Should I win, I am expecting to get at least 25% of my costings back (due to it being the local authority and not standard civil proceedings), it highly unlikely that all the funds will be recouped, so the generosity of many of you over the months has been so appreciated, and we are so grateful.

The funding page is still live and we are at 19% of 15,000 which is more than I imagined, so thank you so much to all.

The court date is Tuesday so should anybody reading this who hasn't donated but are in the position to support us, the link is;

http://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/dangerouswall

Some members have kindly donated books that I believe are still available for sale, but I just wanted to thank you all personally who have donated or/and purchased books or donated to the funding page to help us.  Even though it is a miserable time, it has genuinely been so overwhelming to have the support from you all, you know who you all are.

Thank you so much! We are so appreciative. 

Lloyd & family.

Edited by LloydJBailey