• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lloyd Bailey fund raising sales thread.
1 1

26 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

I have follotw on questions: what is the status of property insurance coverage, both your home and the contested structure?

I would rather not disclose this information publicly.

Has there been a Title search, and a Plat review and if so, what do the documents reveal?

Yes. My title plan shows it is clearly not in my ownership. My home was built in 1991, the house in question was built 1891.

The other homeowners (I guess 6, + any non-occupied lots)...what is the status of their property insurance/Plat review and Title search?

The property to the rear of the other houses, besides my neighbor are a different house; therefore irrelevant to the case as not the house in dispute.

What does the Deed state....yours and the other property owners?

They’re exactly as you would expect, t-marks correctly placed etc. 

What do the mortgage documents state, yours and the other property owners? 

They were informed the Council will be doing the required works under Section 78 of the Building Act 1984.  Obviously there was no reason for them to believe it was under our ownership. No flags.

Have mortgage companies been notified...yours and the other property owners?

Yes. Others obviously aren’t relevant.

Are you the latest purchaser of property in the dispute?

The house was built in 1991, I am the latest buyers but not the first buyer.

Hope these answers are okay. If you want more details, just drop me a line. Didn’t want to ignore your message, but just drop me a line if you have anymore questions :foryou:

Thanks again for taking an interest, it means a lot to us.

4 of your replies (Thank You, BTW), if received by and transferred to you by your Barrister, get another barrister and start suing everybody. Suffice it to say, wherever you answered irrelevant, no reason, no flags, aren't relevant, and the status of last man standing reference when bought, I am of a complete difference of opinion, given the facts you have shared.

From here on in, I will only converse by PM, per your request. You will most likely get pretty sick and tired of me.

14 hours ago, LloydJBailey said:

I'm not sure if it goes without saying, but if anybody has any specific questions at all about the position myself and my family are in, please don't hesitate to message me.  Again, thank you to everybody taking an interest and helping me.  It's a horrible situation and one I never imagined myself and my family in.

We whole heartily appreciate you all 

First off, I'm very sorry to hear you are going through this. I very rarely talk about my own personal affairs, but this post struck an emotional nerve as I have had to deal with an unfair township during the construction of a home. I'm about $50K over budget, and it has everything to do with dealing with the most unreasonable, incompetent people on the planet, who seemingly are all employed in this one township. Hearing your case, I believe the ones they demote are sent to yours to put out to pasture. Unreal what they are asking of you and your young family.

My one and only question is do you have a legal survey of your property?

Edited by comicwiz

Hi all,

I just wanted to update anybody who has been reading – I can obviously not detail into the specifics due to the on-going legal nature but it has been a very emotional time for us these past few months.  The legal costings have exceeded estimates and are currently at circa £22,000 which has really devastated us.  Whilst we are confident they should not be successful in obtaining an order for the safety works be achieved, as I simply do not own the structure.  Should I lose, I will likely face a Council bill of circa 70% of legal costings they have incurred, which will be higher than my costings due to the likelihood of them gunning for all fees and the reality of making an example of myself for standing up to them.  This simply being unaffordable - i.e. should I lose, I will therefore lose my home and have to claim bankruptcy and as these are criminal proceedings against me (as this in the court platform of the Council), I will be left with a criminal record.

Whilst I am content they will not succeed, it should not be in court in the first instance.  Should I win, I am expecting to get at least 25% of my costings back (due to it being the local authority and not standard civil proceedings), it highly unlikely that all the funds will be recouped, so the generosity of many of you over the months has been so appreciated, and we are so grateful.

The funding page is still live and we are at 19% of 15,000 which is more than I imagined, so thank you so much to all.

The court date is Tuesday so should anybody reading this who hasn't donated but are in the position to support us, the link is;

http://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/dangerouswall

Thank you so much! We are so appreciative. 

Lloyd & family.

Edited by LloydJBailey

Anyone feeling generous and kind, please help my pal Sean Vose who broke his back on a crosser just over a month ago. He needs all the help he can get as he'll be in a wheelchair the rest of his life! Best I ever saw on a bike! (excluding Ricky Carmichael, James Stewart etc) What a damn shame 

Here's a link to his gofundme page - https://www.gofundme.com/63h32g0:sorry: