• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

COMIC ART CON NYC EDITION (PICS)
1 1

113 posts in this topic

The first Comic Art Con :NYC Edition came and went and I would have to say from a collectors view point it was a success . The space was small but did offer an intimacy that was nice and felt more like an art gallery .If a couple of the bigger dealers participated like Anthony or Burkey I don't really know where they could have put them but for the dealers and the collectors that attended, the space was just right. Speaking with Joe V. I got the impression that this is still a work in progress but by what I saw it got off to a good start.Parking on a Sunday in that area was not too difficult.So now I'm looking forward to the NJ Edition. 

Here's some pics of the space and some of the art that was on display.

IMG_5443.JPG.e8f3af4c352bd1083536954d6d793231.JPGIMG_5456.JPG.77df799ec0a6859c7da4556809a2f0be.JPGIMG_5451.JPG.d5e6f3738ae7786fdc1eb95cffdd03ca.JPGIMG_5450.JPG.b5149ba28c534d231258acbdcdd80550.JPG

IMG_5443.JPG

Edited by rrichards

2 minutes ago, Twanj said:

Is that the real FF 72 cover or a recreation? :shy:

That was real (belongs to Bechara Mallouf). The conversation that we were having in front of it was: Is that the best Kirby Surfer cover"?.I think the consensus  was it was ,even though there are other more historically significant covers (FF 50?) that this was the best.What do you guys think?

18 minutes ago, rrichards said:

That was real (belongs to Bechara Mallouf). The conversation that we were having in front of it was: Is that the best Kirby Surfer cover"?.I think the consensus  was it was ,even though there are other more historically significant covers (FF 50?) that this was the best.What do you guys think?

BEST.

1 minute ago, comix4fun said:

Every time someone posts that word to describe that cover Bechara adds $50k to the asking price.....just sayin'. 

That's ok. I love it, but I prefer a few houses. :)

1 minute ago, Twanj said:

That's ok. I love it, but I prefer a few houses. :)

It's like a drinking game except it's Bechara who is the only one who gets more drunk. 

9 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

Frustratingly-blurry pics await you here-

https://smile.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/kFK0oZUOSS5QlsOhhHNLG47QpzU9ZlQXG3lSoYL8LV0

And a few bonus pics from Terrificon-

https://smile.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/XQd1uh7L9qT2ePffzEJtjupKtG8Q3mWXaSAFCsyNBT8

Dealer name is in the file title.

I hate the autofocus on this iphone. It takes too long to zero in when you're going quickly. I'm going to find a new camera app that lets you lock in the focus. Any suggestions?

Did anyone get anything at the show?

Thanks for all the pictures!

I had a similar issue with pictures on my Android phone, I downloaded a 3rd party camera app and my pictures are a lot better.

1 hour ago, JadeGiant said:

so what was the price tag at the show?

I'm sure none of those pieces were for sale.  He had most of those pieces on display as well at WinterCon (Queens, NY) back in December 2014 (another display-only situation), which I happened to attend as I was meeting someone to do a deal there.  I remember he told me at the time that he valued the FF 72 at more than a million bucks (it was made explicitly clear that $1 million was too low), and that was almost 4 years ago.  

Good luck to anyone who might want to take a shot at getting it out of his collection!

Edited by delekkerste

15 hours ago, GreatEscape said:

Great show...glad to run into several boardies :hi:. Yep, Bechara brought some serious eye candy and earned "Best of Show" IMO  ^^

IMG_5209.thumb.jpeg.d80b5514a4ed22ef707010bd9d043ee5.jpeg

IMG_5210.thumb.jpeg.29583e3a7a57916b3875c91b6ba80978.jpeg

Does anyone know what page that ASM Ditko #6 piece is from?

Edited by Timely