• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else get a suspicious eBay collection email

17 posts in this topic

Got a collection email from eBay saying monthly fee payment overdue. First time ever gotten one of these especially since I make auto payments. My Account shows it’s been paid.

tried to call eBay and there is a six hour wait time which made me think a lot of other people got this email 

Edited by rabidwolf

3 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

+1. Looked real fishy to me even though they knew my current balance with eBay. Perhaps eBay was hacked?

Ya pretty concerning if it’s a phishing email if they knew our exact amounts. 

I tried to call eBay and the wait time showed 120 minutes and jumped to six hours within minutes so looks like a lot of people got this. 

Hopfully just an eBay glitch that generated the emails 

Got one today for the exact amount that I just paid from collections_us@ebay.com at first I called and was told there was a wait time of 3 hours so I knew that was not right. Called again and had someone pick up almost immediately. She called me back cause the line was super choppy btw. Told me to forward the email to spoof@ebay.com

i doubt this is fraud since the email handle this was sent from was legit. Most likely a glitch. 

Surprised everyone else got the same