• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The resurrection of the Archie brand in... Riverdale, which has become a smash hit teen series
1 1

11 posts in this topic

My kid, who leaves for her first year of college in a few weeks, was a huge Archie fan growing up, and was more-or-less in the target demographic when the show debuted.

She watched a few episodes...and that was it.  None of her many pop-culture obsessed friends cared for it, either... (shrug)

1 minute ago, jools&jim said:

My kid, who leaves for her first year of college in a few weeks, was a huge Archie fan growing up, and was more-or-less in the target demographic when the show debuted.

She watched a few episodes...and that was it.  None of her many pop-culture obsessed friends cared for it, either... (shrug)

That was my own reaction from watching the first season... and then look what happened with the second:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5420376/awards

1 minute ago, aardvark88 said:

It does seem like most kids under 16 know all about Riverdale tv characters. Dilton Doyle is played by a teen Canadian-Chinese actor hoping to get more screen time on the series that seems primarily filmed in North Vancouver, BC.

Word, it's crazy.  Just crazy.

I'm a fan of Riverdale and it's no coincidence that I've been buying more GA Archies since I started watching the show. For an Archie Comics fan, there are TONS of references in the show that most viewers probably don't realize are from the original source material, and I think that's pretty cool for Archie Comics fans.

I watched this with my daughter who coincidentally is starting college Monday.  It was fun.  She enjoyed the teen drama like so many other shows she watches (Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, 13 Reasons Why) I liked it for its Archie references.

Oh and Boola Boola.