• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Boys 2019

37 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Beige said:

I'm guessing you haven't read it.

That was one of the milder scenarios - by far!

What's the appeal? Is the shock value what makes it popular or is it a Starlight gets revenge story, or something else?

6 hours ago, KobaltDog said:

What's the appeal? Is the shock value what makes it popular or is it a Starlight gets revenge story, or something else?

The Boys are drug enhanced 'meta humans' who keep bad super-heroes in line by force. Backed by the USA Govt.

And by 'bad' I mean those who choose to rape, kill or stage a coup etc - just because they can.

The 'seven' - who are supposed to be a beacon of light are anything but...

They are the top level super-heroes, with team of lesser power hoping, one day to get in - but in the meantime do their own thing.

The excesses are very graphic.

This is very vague for those who have not read it - but suffice to say, 'The Boys' aren't squeaky clean either...

I don't want to spoil it, so best you buy the omnibus and read it - though its free online if you look for it.

I loved it - but it certainly won't be for those easily offended.

It gets it's R rating for far more than shown above....

Enjoy!

PS: try Transmetropolitan as well.

449589399_-333copy.thumb.jpg.8fb2bcca3a53de7d45f99ed7b2003a28.jpg

Edited by Beige

23 hours ago, I like pie said:

Fantastic start. Episodes 1-6 were great.

Ending, not so much.

The ending was necessary

Spoiler

Homelander had to kill his boss otherwise it would just be she lies he catches her he lies she catches him she lies he catches her ad nauseum like the execrable Alias wherein she captures him he escapes he captures her she escapes she captures him he escapes he captures her-

A plot series simply cannot get stuck in one of these ruts.

If you do the math there was no alternative, once the characters had been established.  She could not stop lying, because it is her entire character and would ring totally false.  Homelander, as written, could have stopped lying to her, but also, as written, reaches a limit when betrayed and KILLS his problems away.  This is what writers talk about when they say characters start writing themselves.

Edited by kav

On 7/27/2019 at 6:27 PM, AGGIEZ said:

Just finished Ep1...WOW, this looks freaking good!!! I may be binging this weekend!!!

I binged, this weekend.  Now I'm on Umbrella Academy.

36 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

What the what!?! :ohnoez::roflmao:

You obviously ain't read the comic........

It's pretty R rated to say the least!

37 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I'm scared to ask if there was a piece of toast involved.....

No,but there will be a Russian Love Sausage........

Seriously great book - see my posts above - and try Transmet as well.

Love them!

3 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:
  Hide contents

I thought Butcher was going to use the baby's ''eye beams" (or was that a different baby in the hospital) to kill Homelander. 

Homelander killed would pretty much Nix season 2.  He's the main bad guy, without him everything fizzles out.