• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS for the win
1 1

27 posts in this topic

I didn't feel like starting my own rant thread was warranted, so I'm just gonna pile onto the USPS complaint train here.  (Seems as good a place as any.)  At which point do you start feeling concern for your books?  I know the obvious answer is "as soon as it leaves my possession", but seriously, there's some level of comfort when it's with CGC because they seem to document books pretty well.  But once it's out of their hands and with <insert shipping company here>, then you REALLY don't know what's going on.  I fear my book has been circling a 7 square mile radius for the last 5 days.  I wonder how long until that delivery truck runs out of gas.  lol

(Side note: are "circling" and "radius" the correct nomenclature when discussing an area size based on "square" miles?  o.O

image.thumb.png.0f46c0810848a3bf9c448ae567750dd6.png

Last year I sent a package Priority Mail from Alabama to MCS, who happens to be USPS' biggest customer in Arlington Texas. It was addressed correctly. The package hit 22 different stops in Texas that I could track online, claiming there was no such address. My local Post Office got involved after 25 days . They wouldn't let me see the 8 sheets of paper detailing all of its stops due to coding numbers. But I got the package back, took it to UPS and it was delivered in 2 days.

I did get my PM fees immediately refunded.

13 minutes ago, evilskip said:

Last year I sent a package Priority Mail from Alabama to MCS, who happens to be USPS' biggest customer in Arlington Texas. It was addressed correctly. The package hit 22 different stops in Texas that I could track online, claiming there was no such address. My local Post Office got involved after 25 days . They wouldn't let me see the 8 sheets of paper detailing all of its stops due to coding numbers. But I got the package back, took it to UPS and it was delivered in 2 days.

I did get my PM fees immediately refunded.

Yikes, I have yet to have an issue with Priority Mail and whenever i've sent items PM, it's always arrived within 2 days.  Based on my limited history between Priority Mail and Registered Mail, I would still much prefer my package spending 2 days traveling across the country, than the 7+ days it typically takes to be received via RM.  7 days bouncing around on a truck...lord knows what effect that has on a slab.

EDIT: the worst part for me is that for all the talk about how Registered Mail is more secure and has better tracking...my package hasn't been updated in 5 days.  So what exactly am I paying extra for?

Edited by ExNihilo

3 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Murphy's Law.  As soon as I post my dissatisfaction with USPS's tracking, the book arrives.  I should have complained sooner.  :facepalm:

Silver lining, sigh of relief, and weight off your shoulders. ^^