• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LARGE ART ASM 55 Cover RECEIVED! (IS THERE ART UNDER THE STAT EYES!) :)
2 2

31 posts in this topic

^

Nice image, and thank you for posting. But, the 2 lenses did not have to contain identical content, and in fact, are slightly different. Since each lense is picking up a reflection from a slightly different angle, and the lenses contain slight curvatures to account for his lousy vision, they should be slightly different. So, they could have been inked. Still, they aren’t right for a different reason and technical accuracy could have been tough. The lenses should be darker, so the reflected image should be somewhat darker, to a slightly lighter image, but less so if they have a mirror-sunglass coating (which is common these days). Artistically, that could reduce their impact.

Edited by Rick2you2

29 minutes ago, ESeffinga said:

Please, tell us more ways you would improve upon Romita’s work.

No problem . . . X-Ray Spex (though the Doc's mouth would have to be changed to a big smile).

x-ray.jpg

Edited by The Voord

Appreciate the peek behind the curtain. 

Not this time, but several other times I bid on HA Spider-man art, wondering if there were stats underneath, only to be outbid by you and then find after the fact that there were.

It's nice for the buyer, but if I were the consigner I'd be kicking myself for not looking (or getting any advice to look). 

Excuse my lack of knowledge and inexperience but it looks like the entirety of Doc Ock's face is on a separate piece, like a giant stat and the last couple cm of his chin is on the board itself and there might be something underneath that. Or maybe it's an illusion from the camera?

1 hour ago, jaykza said:

Excuse my lack of knowledge and inexperience but it looks like the entirety of Doc Ock's face is on a separate piece, like a giant stat and the last couple cm of his chin is on the board itself and there might be something underneath that. Or maybe it's an illusion from the camera?

Almost all large art covers were placed onto another oversized WORLD COLOR art board. The Doc Ock image here is all 100% drawn artwork and then glued down onto the oversized art board.

8 minutes ago, romitaman said:

Almost all large art covers were placed onto another oversized WORLD COLOR art board. The Doc Ock image here is all 100% drawn artwork and then glued down onto the oversized art board.

Thanks! That's interesting. Do you know if there was a reason they did it this way?