• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guilty...

29 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

do you have to feel guilty about not reading it or just state a fact that you have not read it and therefore that makes you less of a collector than you should be?

The list of stuff I haven't read is very long-- the list of what I have read much shorter.

The first...

9 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

do you have to feel guilty about not reading it or just state a fact that you have not read it and therefore that makes you less of a collector than you should be?

The list of stuff I haven't read is very long-- the list of what I have read much shorter.

No one's passing judgement here, this is just for fun.

I read about a quarter of watchmen like 20 years ago, just to see what the hubub was about and it just bored me. I haven't read pretty much anything post 1960s that is famous or anything. Like I have never read or even touched an issue of x-men in my life, or wolverine, none of that. I have read stuff like Maus and famous non superhero post 60s stuff. Whenever anyone finds out I am into comics, it is an awkward thing when they realize I am not into what most people think of when they think comics.

Probably tons, but The Eternals is the first thing that comes to mind. Some of the later Kirby FF stuff, early Dr Strange & SS. Slowly catching up on a lot of this stuff though on Marvel Unlimited. Worth every penny. I just use my PS4 browser & read the on a 70" tv. 

Venom > Watchmen :bigsmile:

ASM 194. It came out around the same time I started collecting GA, and I stopped buying new books because I needed the money for the older stuff.

Things most people have read that I never read or never had any interest in reading:

• Watchmen (believe I read a bit and then went meh... I've had the TPB sitting in a box in the basement in the storage room for over a year now)
  • Ultimate Spider-man (I was reading ASM - why read another version of Spider-man?)
  • Preacher (Meh)
  • Sandman (Meh - despite owning several number 1's I read a few books but as far as the whole run, "ain't nobody got time for that")
  • Fantastic Four - (Don't really care about them other than the Torch-Thing relationship which was eloquently developed on the Office with the Jim and Dwight pranks.)
  • Almost all DC comics outside of Superman, Batman, WW, Flash, Lantern and other JLA main characters. What exactly IS a Booster Gold, Atom, Blue Beetle or Starfire? 
  • He-Man (Awww... Conan Jr is cuuuuuuuuuute)
  • Conan (I admire the artwork as it is mesmerizing but simply never read the books... the movies were entertaining though.)
  • Spider-man Renew Your Vows (Just undo the Mephisto thing... don't tease me.)
  • Swamp Thing (See above on DC)
  • The Walking Dead (I watch the TV show but somehow have no interest in the comic books.)

There are more but I believe I have already given enough rocks to be thrown at me.

21 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
  • The Walking Dead (I watch the TV show but somehow have no interest in the comic books.)

Forgot about that.  Exactly the same.

Edited by Ken Aldred