• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1 first printing 9.8

12 posts in this topic

That book makes it up on every wall. I'm curious about that book. I got a nice 9.8, a SS (miller/Janson) 9.6 and a bunch a raws in the 8.5 - 9.2 territory. Of course I've got issues 2 - 4 (first printings) raw in the 9.4 - 9.6 territory. 

I gotta get my GPA back up and going cause of  credit card issues (had to cancel the card hooked up to GPA cause of some theft so gotta get 'em the new card so I can't really look at GPA now, but...

back to my DTR reverie i'm doing publicly here for everyone's benefit. You'd think everybody would already have that book. People were collecting them and bagging them and saving them and it was a big deal when it came out but there they are up on the wall in the 500 - 800 dollar range, past ebay sales over 600$ and on and on.

Is there alot of movement still possible for that book? What will that book cost in 20 years in 9.8?

Edited by NoMan

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THIS COMIC BOOK IS IN AS MINT CONDITION AS YOU WILL FIND FOR SALE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. DUE TO THE WAY THEY HAVE BEEN STORED FOR THE LAST 30 YEARS, IN MYLAR with ACID FREE BOARDS AND THEN IN WOOD, WINE-SHIPPING CRATES FROM ITALY,"

It's the wood that makes it good. 

4 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THIS COMIC BOOK IS IN AS MINT CONDITION AS YOU WILL FIND FOR SALE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. DUE TO THE WAY THEY HAVE BEEN STORED FOR THE LAST 30 YEARS, IN MYLAR with ACID FREE BOARDS AND THEN IN WOOD, WINE-SHIPPING CRATES FROM ITALY,"

Hey what's not to like, I mean he has the official comic book of the motion picture in one of the shots as well...I like "they have not been read by me in the last 30 years"...seems legit LOL

Edited by Bat34

10 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
12 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I also own a #4 3rd print

....you do?

You sure?

Pics?

lol you've corrected me before, and I still forgot :sorry:

I guess my #4 is 1st print...

20180827_092935.jpg

9 minutes ago, NoMan said:

might be the first six-figure copper book

come to think of it, what will the first six figure copper book be?

TMNT #1 first print for sure

DKR is great for sure though (thumbsu 

On 8/26/2018 at 8:08 PM, Mercury Man said:

Only if read at room temperature.