• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Single hole punched in Amazing Spider-Man golden record reprint
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hello and Welcome,

That appears to be a very nice book and my guess would be that the book would be graded as if the binder hole was not present and receive a "Green Qualified" Label noting the hole punch.

QUALIFIED LABEL (GREEN)

• "A Qualified label is used by CGC for certified books that have a significant defect that needs specific description, or to note an unauthenticated signature (one which was not witnessed by CGC). For example, a comic book with a missing coupon that otherwise grades 6.0 will receive a Qualified grade, avoiding a considerably lower grade. CGC would give this book a Qualified grade of 6.0 and a Label Text notation “COUPON MISSING FROM PAGE 10, DOES NOT AFFECT STORY.” Or, if the book is signed on the cover it may be noted as “NAME WRITTEN ON COVER IN MARKER.” ".

If graded as is... (Blue Label)

Just a guess on my part looking at the overall condition of this book and not knowing how CGC looks at binder holes but I would guess the book would not receive a grade higher than a VG 4.5 if graded with the binder hole present.

52 minutes ago, Chrislopez said:

Thank you for you input Marvelmanic

Would I have to request a green Label, or will Cgc determine what type of label it gets?

I agree with MarvelManic's comments, however, I just wanted to point out a Green Label is generally frowned upon by collectors and it takes a big hit on the valuation. I'm sorry to say the hole is a major flaw and will definitely hurt the value no matter what color the label.