• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Chicago — August 22-25, 2019
1 1

181 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, TheWatcher said:

Set-up day and Wizard still doesn't have their viewable floor up :facepalm:

Screenshot_20190821-112227_Chrome.jpg

Probably because the vendor list is subject to change without notice. Can’t expect them to plan too far ahead on this. 

4 hours ago, mschmidt said:

Christ, that's a terrible guest line-up for what's supposed to be Wizard's flagship show.

Wonder how many window remodeling companies will have booths this year?

I would only purchase new windows at the show if I could get them graded...Any facilitators available? :baiting:

37 minutes ago, Mickey7 said:

Man, still no floor plan. I look forward to checking it out prior to the show to remember the booths I'd like to check out.  

The footprint is smaller this year. Maybe they don't want people to see that in black & white on the floor plan hm

I was at the show for about three hours this morning to drop off books to comiclink and do a little shopping. Saw some great books out from all the Chicago regulars. Got to chat with Bedrock and Greggy for a bit, and say hello to a bunch of friends. I’m surprised how small the show is this year. At noon about 1/2 the “marketing” booths weren’t set up. The insurance companies, LASIK companies, and the like seem to biggest offenders. They cut artist alley in half or more, and added a huge food court to the middle of the show floor. There were many dealers that were staples at this show that decided to hold off this year.... Looking forward to reports toward the end of the show....

Edited by Monster's Lair Comics

- No floor plan still, I don’t recall night of opening day and no floor plan available 💪

- Another year with less dealers/books...and yet more food added...but totally redeemed themselves by putting a food court balls deep in center of the show floor  👏

- The lineup pales in comparison to ACE’s in Oct. (Was there a fair, or even good number of dealers last year?)🤞😬🙏