• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Chicago — August 22-25, 2019
1 1

181 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Red84 said:

Philly show now has guests listed!

Yeah, I saw that they’d posted a first wave. Hopefully we’ll see something for Chicago soon. I’m considering heading up for Thursday or Friday. 

On 3/25/2019 at 5:40 PM, mysterio said:

Five months away, and still not a single guest listed. Very strange. 

4 months away and no info up except for a large discount to ticket prices.

33 minutes ago, ignimbrite said:

It seems as though the daily tickets are sold out!

I will never figure out why comic shows announce guests so late.

Well, in this case I’d say it’s because Wizard doesn’t consider themselves a comic show. They’ve been focusing on the celebrity side of things for quite a few years now. 

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

Well, in this case I’d say it’s because Wizard doesn’t consider themselves a comic show. They’ve been focusing on the celebrity side of things for quite a few years now. 

Fair enough. 

I think we are in the middle of the "Convention Wars" With so many conventions and so many conflicts,  the promoters in the Hot zones, are playing things pretty close o the vest,  Remember There is another show in the Stephans center In june, so maybe they just want to prevent poaching \\

If you are thinking this is indicative of some problem with WW, they just announced 4 new shows for 2019 

My next stop : Gem City in Dayton this weekend, .Booth A1  Hope to see some old friends and make some new ones , I BUY LOW GRADE GOLD!! 

On 4/21/2019 at 8:09 AM, ignimbrite said:

It seems as though the daily tickets are sold out!

I will never figure out why comic shows announce guests so late.

Every year, three to four guests canceled this show. That may be the reason to hold back until everyone is confirmed to be in that show.

On 4/22/2019 at 4:48 PM, Golden Memories said:

If you are thinking this is indicative of some problem with WW, they just announced 4 new shows for 2019 

This is also the company that announced shows in Albuquerque in three consecutive years and never actually did one. 

Our plans to attend Chicago Wizard are still a go, but we're not setting up a booth there.  My wife may participate on a panel, Q&A or signing (she's a NYT best-selling author working in a variety of genres), but Chicago Wizard's organization of guest events has been ...shall we say... less than inspired in the past.  What I like about the Chicago show are the fans, convenient restaurant dining and a good representation of GA comic dealers. (thumbsu

I was just checking on tickets for this. They currently have early bird tickets on sale - 4 day passes for $59.99. And if you use promo code WIZARD20 you get a discount that mostly takes care of the taxes and fees.

I was going to skip this year but that seemed like a pretty good deal so I guess I'm in. Hopefully it's worth it. :banana:

4 hours ago, BriD. said:

I was just checking on tickets for this. They currently have early bird tickets on sale - 4 day passes for $59.99. And if you use promo code WIZARD20 you get a discount that mostly takes care of the taxes and fees.

I was going to skip this year but that seemed like a pretty good deal so I guess I'm in. Hopefully it's worth it. :banana:

I mean, even if the guest list is crummy, at that price for 4 days, that's a good deal for just going to buy stuff.

Edited by RCheli