• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Incredible Hulk 2
1 1

16 posts in this topic

I have Hulk 2 - 6 (still searching for a #1 I can afford...). 3 - 6 are all graded. I have been thinking about sending my #2 in for grading, but it's got a major issue. First, the good. It's all there and well attached. It's reasonably flat and tight, and the colors are ok. Pages are supple, and there aren't any real pieces missing (some Marvel chipping, but not too bad). However. There is a big tear in the front cover. It's maybe 3 - 3.5". It also looks like it had tape on it once upon a time. The tape is gone, but you can tell something was there. Let me know what you think!

41400F68-B62A-42FF-A660-14F10CD22AB6.jpeg

35539A04-F417-4D5D-B225-F073E66F2669.jpeg

92E562D6-DA4E-450A-9D91-1CB9B6F5579F.jpeg

B526A577-A0DF-4C84-A97B-68FD498FDEB9.jpeg

31531E47-D48A-48C2-83FB-E94960D90DFF.jpeg

72038976-05A7-4024-AFF4-90F8B8064A57.jpeg

38EA3843-E545-4291-A9A2-DF69FB1ABF0E.jpeg

CD8A50CC-38FB-42BA-8CFB-223349210B20.jpeg

A3797E9E-F636-4E67-BBA4-71290D2A9640.jpeg

179ED3A3-40CE-4F6B-82A9-948E5FCAF8DF.jpeg

Edited by elibowman

16 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

Can’t see it being good⁉️⁉️ 

I was thinking that it might be 2.0 at the best with that tear. I don't disagree with the 2.5 or even 3.0 WITHOUT the rip, but this is exactly why I wanted to ask the group. I am (slightly) encouraged by the 2.5 comments, but Foggy's comment is exactly where my concern was. Does anyone have any CGC experience with a 3+" tear? If I was pretty sure I would get 2.0 or better, I think I would slab it. I also have thought along the same lines as @Not A Clone on preventing myself from making it worse. I just think flipping it raw is easier when under 2.0. I want a slabbed 2.0 or better for the long haul.

6 hours ago, elibowman said:

I was thinking that it might be 2.0 at the best with that tear. I don't disagree with the 2.5 or even 3.0 WITHOUT the rip, but this is exactly why I wanted to ask the group. I am (slightly) encouraged by the 2.5 comments, but Foggy's comment is exactly where my concern was. Does anyone have any CGC experience with a 3+" tear? If I was pretty sure I would get 2.0 or better, I think I would slab it. I also have thought along the same lines as @Not A Clone on preventing myself from making it worse. I just think flipping it raw is easier when under 2.0. I want a slabbed 2.0 or better for the long haul.

According to the chart, a 4.0 is the highest you could get with a 3" tear.

I'm adjusting my previous grade to 2.0. I missed that inside pic of the tear which made it look a little worse (shrug)  Anywho, here's that chart that Eta Nick put together from viewing a bunch of CGC graded books to help determine what the highest grade you could get with certain defects. It's not guaranteed, but it's great at giving you an pretty good idea of where you stand. 

grades_max.jpg

I've a lot of time for Nick and his tutorials, but the above list should be used as he says here.   

1 hour ago, Not A Clone said:

I'm adjusting my previous grade to 2.0. I missed that inside pic of the tear which made it look a little worse (shrug)  Anywho, here's that chart that Eta Nick put together from viewing a bunch of CGC graded books to help determine what the highest grade you could get with certain defects. It's not guaranteed, but it's great at giving you an pretty good idea of where you stand. 

grades_max.jpg

7 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

grades_max.jpg

Thanks!!!