• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling one book at a time and they used to cost you a dime
4 4

283 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, SamPool said:

How is people discussing  not getting what they paid for "excessive bumping" :whistle:

That’s my point. There was no excessive bumping by Rick either, it was others having a discussion and that’s why it got pulled. It was actually a much lighter discussion than this one.  I have no problem at all with the discussion on this thread, I’m just pointing out the complete lack of consistency by the mods.

I'm gonna chime in here...has it occurred to anyone that Jeremy may be incapacitated or possibly deceased. I check the obituaries and haven't found anything. I suggest people check all they can. He hasn't responded to one iota of communication and could be radio silent possibly by choice, but I don't think so. A guy who buys low grade pre-code rags (like myself) will not just stop and quit the game...something's up and I hope he's OK. Other scammers on here have at least tried to defend themselves, but he has vanished. My experience has always been positive, that;s my experience...have a great day!

Edited by Incredible Pulp
pronunskiation

23 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

I like how Ricksneatstuff can run a legit sales thread and it gets pulled by the mods for "excessive bumping" while a thread that is super dead like this one can get bumped to the top dozens of times and nobody pulls it.  Makes absolutely no sense at all.

The button humpers must be at lunch or vacation

As with any forum, moderators can sometimes be inconsistent with their practices (to err is human).  I've only been here a short period of time but have seen it on other forums.  This particular thread should have discussion considering none of us (as far as i'm aware) have received any books we purchased.  Yes, I have thought about something terrible happening and have done as much research as I can by searching his name, town and trying to contact him or people that may know him on other social media avenues.  I've looked up recent news to see if something bad has happened to no avail.  The inconsistencies here is that other people have told me that he has lagged before in communication and hasn't had the best reputation with some other board members even though some are saying how good he is.  I've had this communication through PM with other board members.  Not to mention his space between not sending out the books and then having time to come on here to talk about his Grandparents home being flooded.

4 hours ago, Incredible Pulp said:

I'm gonna chime in here...has it occurred to anyone that Jeremy may be incapacitated or possibly deceased. I check the obituaries and haven't found anything. I suggest people check all they can. He hasn't responded to one iota of communication and could be radio silent possibly by choice, but I don't think so. A guy who buys low grade pre-code rags (like myself) will not just stop and quit the game...something's up and I hope he's OK. Other scammers on here have at least tried to defend themselves, but he has vanished. My experience has always been positive, that;s my experience...have a great day!

I think that has occurred to everyone affected by this. I really don't think it is intentional on his part. He has apparently never done anything like this as a seller or buyer before. Slow once in a while but never out of contact. It doesn't make logical sense to me that a guy selling low grade, cheap books would suddenly go rogue and steal our money. Something must have gone real bad with either him or his family. Not defending him. I don't know him personally but it just doesn't make logical sense. That being said, there are obviously people out of a lot of money here. 

I suggest everyone file for a chargeback with PayPal and wait it out. And a lesson to be learned. Always pay goods and services Paypal. This way if something like this should ever happen you are covered. 

Edited by Robot Man

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I think that has occurred to everyone affected by this. I really don't think it is intentional on his part. He has apparently never done anything like this as a seller or buyer before. Slow once in a while but never out of contact. It doesn't make logical sense to me that a guy selling low grade, cheap books would suddenly go rogue and steal our money. Something must have gone real bad with either him or his family. Not defending him. I don't know him personally but it just doesn't make logical sense. That being said, there are obviously people out of a lot of money here. 

I suggest everyone file for a chargeback with PayPal and wait it out. And a lesson to be learned. Always pay goods and services Paypal. This way if something like this should ever happen you are covered. 

If someone has never Opened a PP case, go to resolution center, put in item not received & send 1 message to seller. The next day I escalated to PayPal. When they don’t hear from him in 10 days, you will get the credit. It’s simple  when uncontested. I got mine back no problem. People could reference this thread if needed, but that would only be needed if contested. Sorry to all who didn’t get their stuff and strong prayers for Retro. :foryou:

On 10/16/2018 at 2:43 PM, Robot Man said:

Yes, we're all worried about why this has happened.   If we thought he was a scammer he would have been nominated for the probation list weeks ago, and to be honest I've been agonizing over nominating him for weeks.

3 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Yes, we're all worried about why this has happened.   If we thought he was a scammer he would have been nominated for the probation list weeks ago, and to be honest I've been agonizing over nominating him for weeks.

Ive already nominated him with no responses. 

I got my money back from PayPal today. I'm not out anything but my time. I still think there is something going terribly wrong in his life. No defense of him but it just doesn't make sense to rip people off for $20. horror books. I hope he is OK. I won't put him on the "list" because I got my money back. If he ever comes back, he owes us an explanation. I know I won't ever sell to him or buy from him again. 

On a side note. I bought a couple of books from another boardie about a week ago. He didn't mention it in the post but on the invoice he requested friends and family. I didn't send it that way on purpose mainly because of this thread and I didn't know him. He still hasn't "claimed" the money. I suspect he is upset because I did it that way. What should I do with him? 

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I got my money back from PayPal today. I'm not out anything but my time. I still think there is something going terribly wrong in his life. No defense of him but it just doesn't make sense to rip people off for $20. horror books. I hope he is OK. I won't put him on the "list" because I got my money back. If he ever comes back, he owes us an explanation. I know I won't ever sell to him or buy from him again. 

On a side note. I bought a couple of books from another boardie about a week ago. He didn't mention it in the post but on the invoice he requested friends and family. I didn't send it that way on purpose mainly because of this thread and I didn't know him. He still hasn't "claimed" the money. I suspect he is upset because I did it that way. What should I do with him? 

Requesting friends and family is a no-no.If they give you a hard time about not,I'd mention that to them and keep them on my personal list,if not say something publicly.

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I'd message him and tell him why you need protection, this case in point. If he doesn't understand I'd just refund his money. I'm out several thousand dollars from someone who sells on Ebay for the same reason. I took him to court and won, but doubtful I'll ever see a penny. 

4 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Requesting friends and family is a no-no.If they give you a hard time about not,I'd mention that to them and keep them on my personal list,if not say something publicly.

I have always been leery of “Friends and Family” payments as there is no protection I guess it is the same reason I have yet to purchase anything from anyone on Instagram as all the sales say “fee free”, which I would assume is “Friends and Family”.

What do people think of when a sales thread says, “Over x amount of dollars the preferred payment is in Money Order, personal check or bank transfer”, what kind of protection is there with these methods of payment?

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

You don’t have to do anything, you paid with an acceptable method and you refused to pay with an unacceptable method that would provide you with no buyer protection.  It’s up to the seller to ship the books he was paid to ship

Edited by thehumantorch

15 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I actually prefer not to get paid via F&F on purchases of $200 or less. Paypal discounts shipping by a buck or so when you use them (which can't be done F&F), and the ease makes it worth the balance. USPS won't let you buy postage for First Class online, and the weight limit is 13 oz instead of 16 oz if you don't have a commercial account (which buying through PP or ebay accesses)

PM'd the seller and explained why I wouldn't do the friends and family. I even mentioned this posting as to why. I told him, if he didn't take my PayPal I wouldn't pay for the books. He whined a little but agreed to send me the books. I don't want to report him or out him but I can say I won't ever deal with him again.