• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling one book at a time and they used to cost you a dime
4 4

283 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, retrocomics said:

Hey guys. I am sorry for the delay in shipping these books out. I just got back from New Bern from my grandparents home which was hit from the hurricane. It's been quite a mes and lots of damage. Your books will be going out shortly! Tons of apologies to those waiting for thier books. 

Not a problem. Hope they are OK.:angel:

44 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Not a problem. Hope they are OK.:angel:

Thanks, Robot. They are ok but the house suffered severe flooding in the basement. I helped board up windows and tried to secure everything I could. That's my first experience up close and personal and could only imagine what a stronger storm could have done. 

1 hour ago, retrocomics said:

Hey guys. I am sorry for the delay in shipping these books out. I just got back from New Bern from my grandparents home which was hit from the hurricane. It's been quite a mes and lots of damage. Your books will be going out shortly! Tons of apologies to those waiting for thier books. 

Family comes 1st, comics come 2nd.  Sorry to hear about that and hope they get back on their feet in no time.

It's been a month since I paid for books purchased in this thread.  Was promised a tracking # September 6 2018.

Has anyone received books they purchased from this thread?

Jeremy seems like a nice guy and I don't believe he started this thread with any intentions of failing to ship but he hasn't provided me with a tracking #, hasn't read my PM from 3 weeks ago and I don't believe he's shipped me my books.

Also nothing.  I also paid over a month ago.  

Unfortunately something bad must have happened.   Let's all pray that everything is ok first of all, but in terms of the books people should probably think about the refund route for now. 

Edited by SkOw

1 hour ago, SkOw said:

Also nothing.  I also paid over a month ago.  

Unfortunately something bad must have happened.   Let's all pray that everything is ok first of all, but in terms of the books people should probably think about the refund route for now. 

He posted about getting back from dealing with his grandparent's 3 weeks ago.  I can't image many situations that would prevent someone from communicating over such an extended period of time.  The vast majority of us have laptops and cell phones and are able to communicate from anywhere at any time.  Hopefully he is ok but I sent a message to his personal email and have contacted paypal about a refund.

3 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

He posted about getting back from dealing with his grandparent's 3 weeks ago.  I can't image many situations that would prevent someone from communicating over such an extended period of time.  The vast majority of us have laptops and cell phones and are able to communicate from anywhere at any time.  Hopefully he is ok but I sent a message to his personal email and have contacted paypal about a refund.

I personal messaged him before he even posted about the Grandparents issue and he never opened the message either.  Emailed him last week to his personal email along with trying to contact via other social media outlets.  I do hope that everything is OK with him and his family but there really is little excuse to not get back to a group of people after taking their money.  Agree at this point that everyone should be putting in disputes with Paypal and/or doing chargebacks.  Unless something changes, I'm screwed since I made the dumb mistake of sending friends and family.  Trusted him as a long standing board member here a bit too much.  Lesson learned.

12 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

I personal messaged him before he even posted about the Grandparents issue and he never opened the message either.  Emailed him last week to his personal email along with trying to contact via other social media outlets.  I do hope that everything is OK with him and his family but there really is little excuse to not get back to a group of people after taking their money.  Agree at this point that everyone should be putting in disputes with Paypal and/or doing chargebacks.  Unless something changes, I'm screwed since I made the dumb mistake of sending friends and family.  Trusted him as a long standing board member here a bit too much.  Lesson learned.

I dont think I’ve dealt with him before but my boarddar tells me he’s a good guy   But this has happened to me before under similar circumstance and I learned  that personal PayPal isn’t a good idea and waiting too long to request a refund because you like and trust someone is a mistake.

1 hour ago, Keys_Collector said:

Never ever pay friends and family. There are people on here who suggest it, don't do it. If they refuse your sale because of that, report them. Always have a secure transaction, that being said good luck everyone.

I have filed for a chargeback. I don’t take him to be a rip off. These were pretty cheap books. He is usually pretty slow in paying up when he buys from me but always comes through. I take it very seriously when someone sends me money for something. I think he is probably having a problem. Things happen in life sometimes. I would suggest everyone file for a chargeback. 

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

I have filed for a chargeback. I don’t take him to be a rip off. These were pretty cheap books. He is usually pretty slow in paying up when he buys from me but always comes through. I take it very seriously when someone sends me money for something. I think he is probably having a problem. Things happen in life sometimes. I would suggest everyone file for a chargeback. 

He can always relist the books..... they will sell just as quickly when he gets in a better position. Hope all works out, whatever the issue. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I’ve had a lot of dealings with Jeremy as a buyer and a seller. Always great.  Recently he didn’t come through on payment on some books he bought but he told me about his son and I let him off the hook and sold the books elsewhere.  I am concerned for his well being because I can’t imagine he would intentionally stiff folks and ruin his rep here. 

Thoughts and prayers. 

10 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I’ve had a lot of dealings with Jeremy as a buyer and a seller. Always great.  Recently he didn’t come through on payment on some books he bought but he told me about his son and I let him off the hook and sold the books elsewhere.  I am concerned for his well being because I can’t imagine he would intentionally stiff folks and ruin his rep here. 

Thoughts and prayers. 

Well said Rick. 

17 minutes ago, Incredible Pulp said:

Jeremy is a first class dude, I never had a problem. For him to go off grid like this, something must be wrong. I hope he is OK. FWIW, he hasn't responded to the Paypal chargeback at all so something is amiss....

I'm hoping his son didn't take a turn for the worse …… retro's a long timer in good standing until recently, so I'm concerned. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu