• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in - Dark Mysteries 3

12 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Let CCS do it, it's an amateur work. If you do it, it may be a major damage.

I agree. You would want to send this, in the slab, to CCS. The onus will be on them to get it removed completely. Otherwise, It's easy to leave a tiny trace yourself and get another PLOD. 

6 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I agree. You would want to send this, in the slab, to CCS. The onus will be on them to get it removed completely. Otherwise, It's easy to leave a tiny trace yourself and get another PLOD. 

Do you realize how easy it is to scrape a little glue off?  It's not like it's color touch.

2 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Do you realize how easy it is to scrape a little glue off?  It's not like it's color touch.

No, I have not personally scraped off any glue. I firmly believe that CGC will give the nod to a book that CCS has worked on. I think it's safer sending it to them.

13 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

No, I have not personally scraped off any glue. I firmly believe that CGC will give the nod to a book that CCS has worked on. I think it's safer sending it to them.

And you'll pay the fees?

I have done some really simple scrapes on CT and glue on comics and gotten a blue label.  And saved a TON of money.

When I can tell there's more going on with the CT, THAT"S when I have had CCS step in. 

If you buy a jewelers Loupe you can identify a LOT of the CT or glue that's apparent on a cover.  I made a mistake in identifying it on this particular cover.

3 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Ok, so I cracked this slab open, got my jewelers loupe out and found the tiny bit of glue at the top of the spine (it was sealing an extremely tiny tear at the top).

I carefully did a tiny scrape which opened the tiny tear......

I resubbed, and......

Comic is coming back from CGC now as a 7.0 Blue Label.  :acclaim:

Again, I'm not a resto expert by any means, but SO little was required to correct this resto that I didn't mind tackling this myself and saving some time & $.

Any bigger resto removal I will always have the big boys do it, but this was a time that my meager skills got the job done.

I am very happy.

(I'm also happy I avoided the embarrassment and expense of getting another PLOD and having you guys say "I told you so")

:golfclap: Sometimes it's better to do things yourself...