• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade this Secret Wars #8

8 posts in this topic

I just grabbed a secret wars lot from ebay for a decent price. They all look in great shape, but just wondering what number 8 would grade at if submitted.

There are some slight stains on the back cover 

CSMBlv4.pngIUsoXmF.png

These are just photos from the listing.

Any advice is appreciated! 

If it sits in the 9 range I'll be more than happy for the price. I thought it had a shot in that range, but again, I'm pretty rubbish with grading, hence why I'm here.

There's no spine ticks that I can see, the corners are sharp aside from the bottom right which looks a little blunted (this may just be the photo, I won't know until it's in hand)

And the staining on the back.

Cheers for that link.

8.0-8.5, though I always aim a bit lower when I send mine in. Without seeing the entire book, a 9.0 is possible, though I would expect this range IMO.

Edited by Acegraphix

24 minutes ago, Humantop said:

would be more accurate if you can take the comic out of the bag and retake the photos again (with a brighter lighting environment). from what i can see from the pic, I'd say 8.5?

Yeah, I'll take some propper shots when I get it in hand.

Cheers.