• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are some comics worth much less compared to outrageously valued same issues sent to cgc
2 2

17 posts in this topic

Haha sorry I didn't get the email that was sent to everyone in the world that  was explaining everything someone needs to know about comics smh but alright you seem to know ur comic info... I would have thought u only knew about SPAM since that is what u have as ur profile pic lol I got a good question and I hope it won't waste ur time either. . Why aren't the majority of the double digest magazines that are out there , as valuable or even increased their value even though 20 or 15 years have passed by since their release? And why have I been having trouble finding  any double digest magazine  issues graded by cgc? And why are there actual numbers under the comic code authority emblem on some comics and none on others? And not only that why is  there is a weird symbol on the bottom of those same numbers under the comic code authority emblem? I hope you  are eating enough SPAM to be able to answer  back and fill me in with some of your comic knowledge... or if anyone else can I would very much appreciate it... thanks for the feedback on the previous question I asked before by the way , I am really interested in getting a better understanding of  the comic book  world I have a mess load of comics that I don't know a lot about, all I knew was to go get sleeves and back boards asap when I found them and get keep them in my fire and water proof safe to avoid the chance of having  them all go to on me lmfao  thanks for your time everyone  and if I ask another rookie question please have patience  with me lol

Hopefully someone can give me some much needed info on a small glimpse of the array of comics i have ... and I do want to keep them ... i honestly did find them in an attic and since it's the first time I ever came across comics with eventually being financially helpful  one day...I don't want anyone else to have them haha maybe not in my lifetime, but at least my daughterwill have something neat to get handed down to her when I'm gone it ...I just hope she doesn't go straight to a damn pawn shop and takes any cash offer for them smh 

11 hours ago, Heronext said:

People are often willing to pay a premium for a guaranteed 9.8.

Although, this image doesn’t prove the book’s “value” - all it shows is an ask price

Thanks man I appreciate the insite...hope your day goes well for helping me out...instead of being a scumbag like other people  (SPAM GUY) ...hope u can help me out with some of the comics I posted...

5 hours ago, Anthrax559 said:

Thanks man I appreciate the insite...hope your day goes well for helping me out...instead of being a scumbag like other people  (SPAM GUY) ...hope u can help me out with some of the comics I posted...

meh

12 hours ago, Anthrax559 said:
23 hours ago, Heronext said:

People are often willing to pay a premium for a guaranteed 9.8.

Although, this image doesn’t prove the book’s “value” - all it shows is an ask price

giphy.gif

Spoiler

By the way, it's 'insight' not insite.  :baiting:

Edited by Jerkfro

16 hours ago, Anthrax559 said:

Why aren't the majority of the double digest magazines that are out there , as valuable or even increased their value even though 20 or 15 years have passed by since their release? And why have I been having trouble finding  any double digest magazine  issues graded by cgc? 

If you're referring to the Archie Digests, value is relative to demand, and the market for these books is quite different than that for standard sized comics.  Age is mostly irrelevant for these as far as value goes, and even digests from the 70's can be found cheaply unless in pristine condition, so it wouldn't make sense to have a book graded as you'd never recoup the costs involved.  With few  exceptions nearly all the story material is reprint as well.  The only (Archie)digest I can think of that has collector interest from the last 30 years is Archie All-Canadian #1.

11 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
17 hours ago, Anthrax559 said:

meh

Scumfro