• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The classic iconic cover thread.
4 4

577 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

By the way Im liking the new sigline quote.:applause:

As is my customized title, which as you know makes you the only boardie with his name in a title, and thus a godlike board member.

I think there's definitely a distinction between a "classic" cover and an "awesome" cover that, while definitely that -- awesome -- isn't a "classic", per say.  I'm not sure how to actually define that difference, but there's definitely covers posted in here that are amazing covers, but not ones I would call a "classic".  But that's just my opinion, and I love seeing the covers in this thread (and previous threads about them) -- I've seen a number of books in threads like this one for the first time and thought, "Man, I need to own that book" simply because I discovered for the first time a cover that was absolutely phenomenal. :cloud9:

I'm sure it's been posted already here and I just missed it (I was reading through it quickly on my breaks at work last night) but here's my contribution (this is a stock photo, but I do have a really nice copy of this issue).

334?cb=20080508172250

5 minutes ago, ChiSoxFan said:

I think there's definitely a distinction between a "classic" cover and an "awesome" cover that, while definitely that -- awesome -- isn't a "classic", per say.  I'm not sure how to actually define that difference, but there's definitely covers posted in here that are amazing covers, but not ones I would call a "classic".  But that's just my opinion, and I love seeing the covers in this thread (and previous threads about them) -- I've seen a number of books in threads like this one for the first time and thought, "Man, I need to own that book" simply because I discovered for the first time a cover that was absolutely phenomenal. :cloud9:

I'm sure it's been posted already here and I just missed it (I was reading through it quickly on my breaks at work last night) but here's my contribution (this is a stock photo, but I do have a really nice copy of this issue).

334?cb=20080508172250

That has to be the ultimate Joker cover.

(thumbsu