• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Blue Bolt #105 Discussion deserving of it's own Thread
3 3

151 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, streyouttacomics said:

Thread revival! Used to have 3 now just 1 :(

Notice the color variations, one with darker green and one with a lighter lime green color.

That is interesting.  Given that the other colors are still strong would this be attributed to ink mixture or application waxing or waning at some point in the process?

3 hours ago, streyouttacomics said:

Thread revival! Used to have 3 now just 1 :(

Notice the color variations, one with darker green and one wirh a lighter lime green color.

20180217_103948.jpg

Which one did you keep? (shrug)

4 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Trick question. 

They are both awesome! ^^

1 minute ago, streyouttacomics said:

Good answer haha

Yes, but truth be told I would trade my Blue Bolt #105 for an equally nice presenting Startling.  I love that Alex Airbrush work. That cover is just so efficient and gorgeous. :cloud9:

I hope my BB#105 didn't hear me say that :gossip: it's a jealous beast it is.

2 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

Strong price for a recent Raw Blue Bolt #105 on eBay.  $869 in "FR/GD 1.5+" Condition.

May be the strongest price I have seen for a raw low grade copy of this book yet.

2019-01-14_16-34-29.thumb.png.50ea8b6d5c61043054a0fd37d532dc2a.png

Definitely not like the old days when you were lucky to get guide for low grade beaters.

Now, it looks like you need to pay multiples of condition guide to acquire entry level copies of key or classic cover books.  Looks like this copy here went for close to 8X bottom of guide price.  :whatthe:

33 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

Strong price for a recent Raw Blue Bolt #105 on eBay.  $869 in "FR/GD 1.5+" Condition.

May be the strongest price I have seen for a raw low grade copy of this book yet.

That makes your book a used car and my copy at least a down payment on one :banana:

17 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

I paid more than this for my 1.5 copy... 

16 hours ago, Ryan. said:

An incomplete Contact 12 recently sold at auction on eBay for almost $700.

For some reason my comment seems to have caused confusion. I was merely underscoring the point that entry level copies of key Cole books have skyrocketed, as per the preceding comments.

Edited by Ryan.