• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Blue Bolt #105 Discussion deserving of it's own Thread
3 3

151 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

For some reason my comment seems to have caused confusion. I was merely underscoring the point that entry level copies of key Cole books have skyrocketed, as per the preceding comments.

i understood fully what you said :smile:

4 hours ago, Ryan. said:

For some reason my comment seems to have caused confusion. I was merely underscoring the point that entry level copies of key Cole books have skyrocketed, as per the preceding comments.

@Ryan. It wasn't confusion due to the facts you presented (which are much-appreciated); it was a confusion as to the prices being paid for certain copies of certain books (though that was more of a tongue in cheek response as well :insane:).

4 hours ago, Point Five said:

I paid more than this for my 1.5 copy... 

22 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

2019-01-14_16-34-29.thumb.png.50ea8b6d5c61043054a0fd37d532dc2a.png

I do ultimately think that the book has been "under-valued" (in a static sense) due to a lack of copies coming up for air; in order to actually realize a "record of prices".  

So when we do start to actually see them hit the record logs it causes some sensation. 

I don't think there is anything wrong at all with the prices being paid for the grades.  It is to many the Pinnacle of Cole Covers depending where you pitch your tent. 

34 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

@Ryan. It wasn't confusion due to the facts you presented (which are much-appreciated); it was a confusion as to the prices being paid for certain copies of certain books (though that was more of a tongue in cheek response as well :insane:).

Gotcha. It is crazy some of these prices. 

I was hoping the incomplete Contact 12 would've been more reasonable, but no...  :sorry:

I saw a 105 for sale at C2E2 last year in about 1.0 for I think $1100 or $1200.  So this seems like a deal in comparison, and I think this one presents nicer too.  

1 hour ago, mwotka said:

I was hoping the incomplete Contact 12 would've been more reasonable, but no...  :sorry:

I saw a 105 for sale at C2E2 last year in about 1.0 for I think $1100 or $1200.  So this seems like a deal in comparison, and I think this one presents nicer too.  

When you think the prices are crazy now they seem to get worst a few months later on certain books.

2 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

So BB105 is way out of my price range for anything but a total rag, and this is one of those covers that needs to be appreciated so I cant imagine putting money down on a copy that has realy low grade condition that cant be enjoyed for all its wonder, so I jumped at the chance to pick up this copy for the "international version discount" since the non-US versions arent "worth" as much. Fine by me! The slight reworking of the art by the local printers takes a little away, and nothing beats that "Blue Bolt" formatting with the "Action!", "Suspense!", and "Thrills!" explosions and the green spine... but I'll take a mid-grade copy that's 90% as awesome for less than a quarter of the price...

Fantástico!  :headbang: