• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men 1 Double Cover

41 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya sorry, I just remembered that the person showed it off here. As I was apart of the conversation, I thought there was a longer thread but couldn't find it :sorry:

sorry that the sextuple cover wasn't more titillating :foryou:

No worries.  Not sure what I was expecting.

18 hours ago, Moondog said:

An old friend sent this image of his X-Men 1 double cover.  I think it's one of the coolest books I've ever seen.  Anyone know of other major keys with double covers?

X-Men 1 DC.jpg

Very Cool Book I think 2 more of those are known to exist right now.  As for Keys I have seen a CGC 5.5 copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 with a Double Cover sell on ebay many years ago and a cool note the guy who sold it back then posted about it here just this year. I am a big ASM Double Cover guy so I have seen a lot of key issues and I even have a few like first Green Goblin, Kraven the Hunter, the Rhino, the Prowler, Morbius, The Punisher & Carnage come to mind.  I would guess almost all older comics before 1980's had Double Cover copies printed the question is how many still exist.   

Edited by cosmic-spider-man
misspell

16 minutes ago, Comics-n-ERB said:

Quite a few years ago I bought a collection of 6 short boxes with nothing but multiple covers, all the way up to 11 covers.  Golden age books to modern.

That’s is pretty awesome. I don’t want to collect double covers but I enjoy the hell out of them.

Feel free to share some pics.

I have a weird double cover.  It's a remainder copy.  The top 1/3 of the outer cover was removed and presumably sent in for a refund.

Can't understand why they didn't rip off the top third of the inner cover too. 

4 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
4 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

I'm not aware of any background story on this one, but I can imagine the feeding frenzy if this were put up for sale right now.

I think it sold on an auction site within the last year

$8,600 in a ComicLink auction.

49 minutes ago, Comics-n-ERB said:

Quite a few years ago I bought a collection of 6 short boxes with nothing but multiple covers, all the way up to 11 covers.  Golden age books to modern.

I'm still waiting for a book that's just all covers.  

I know there is a nice Fight Against Crime 20 with a couple covers.

There is also a long running rumor about an Action Comics 1 with a double cover but the owner took the second cover off and sold it separate many years ago.

Edited by Rip