• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Marie Severin

26 posts in this topic

One of the finest people you'd ever hope to meet, had so many health difficulties these last few years. I hope she's found peace. She deserves it.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-marie-severin-stroke/?utm_content=bufferc4611&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_campaign=CBR-TW

Marie Severin was a True Legend in the field. A pioneer when women were rarely seen in comics. She rose to prominance not only as an artist but became the colorist for Marvel Comics. She re-mastered EC Covers as well.

More importantly she was a gracious lady with a Great sense of humor and modesty. Kind to all her fans and just a credit to our medium.

She was commonly referred to as " The First Lady of Comics " not to slight any other women in the field. Her book " The Mirthful Mistress of Comics " suited her as well.

I am glad personally that we became good friends and I will Always cherish the 2 paintings she was kind enough to do for me.

Today we all lost an Icon in our shared hobby and the world lost A Very Special Soul..............

Jeff Harnett

My condolences to Marie's family and friends. 

I had the pleasure of meeting her several times over the years.  Marie was just a great all around person.  As nice as could be.

A true talent and pioneer for women in the comics industry.

Having the foresight to set aside and donate Steve Ditko's art to Amazing Fantasy # 15 when most people would have cashed out speaks for itself.  

Cheers!

N.

Very sad to hear this. She was the kind of person that you liked more the more you knew about her.

But aside from admiring her as a professional, she passed the ultimate fanboy test; she drew one of my favorite slugfests! She drew Hulk annual #1, which I read to shreds as a kid. Still, the first timage I think of when I think of Marie Severin is her Not Brand Echh version of The Lizard. (Next to Spidey's elbow)

220px-Not_Brand_Echh_10.jpg

On 8/31/2018 at 1:21 AM, chromium said:

Rest in peace.. a truly underrated artist who was a part of arguably the two greatest comics bullpens of all time.

This. 

Her tombstone should read:  "She was so good she could do the impossible by making even Herb Trimpe look good."

RIP.