• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC v CBCS v PGX
1 1

129 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Logan510 said:

Absolutely nothing personal about my comments. It was relevant information and you were asking for information.

I think most people like to gather as much information as they can before making a decision 2c

I agree. Especially information and opinion concerning the question being asked.

27 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
1 hour ago, Larryw7 said:

CGC= THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

CBCS= RETURN OF THE JEDI

PGX= SUPERMAN IV: THE QUEST FOR PEACE

CGC = The Godfather

CBCS = Gigli

PGX = Leave Britney Alone!!

CGC (Ah yes...the original.)

1bOrZQd.jpg

CBCS (Um..well...ok.)

4JyUvEq.jpg

PGX (WTF???!!!)

5p3qJQe.jpg

8 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

You don’t feel it was relevant information?

You don’t think that he was banned from their forum has any affect on his opinion of the company?

I personally like to have as much information as possible before coming to a conclusion 2c

Avoidance and misdirection. Intentional disinformation, by omitting fair and balanced in formation. Were you banned by the same entity?

Setting that aside, why are you avoiding straight forward opinion about the entities....as asked by the OP?

Would you not agree that would be fair and balanced information, which you claim is your objective.

Do you or don't you have a reason to disparage RMA, other than a dislike for him?

Concerning the issue of your banning from the same entity, would you be willing to disclose why, if true, and why your opinion of RMA would not be as suspect?

5 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Logan510, to my knowledge, has not been banned from the CBCS forum, but he HAS been suspended.

Thank you. Then that would be fair and balanced information that should be disclosed, if the goal is fair and balanced information, as Mr. Logan states was the reason for mentioning your standing with the entity.

To me, this certainly makes his comments suspect. Is it possible the terms of the suspension may be preventing Him from offering an opinion on the entity, especially if it is negative?

4 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Thank you. Then that would be fair and balanced information that should be disclosed, if the goal is fair and balanced information, as Mr. Logan states was the reason for mentioning your standing with the entity.

To me, this certainly makes his comments suspect. Is it possible the terms of the suspension may be preventing Him from offering an opinion on the entity, especially if it is negative?

:facepalm:

I thought you knew it all?

Just now, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

There may still be some misunderstanding. "Suspension" at the CBCS board means the same thing as a "strike" used to here: a set period of time during which a person is not allowed to post, but after which, such restrictions are removed. For clarity's sake.

The administration and moderation of the CBCS board is such that they've taken an aggressive stance towards banning those who criticize them...justly or not...which has resulted in many people being banned, some of which were vociferously protested by the denizens of the CBCS forum, which, likewise, resulted in further draconian action. I was not the first person banned at the CBCS board, and I certainly won't be the last.

One of the worst problems of the board was the toxic culture that was tolerated (and even encouraged) by their moderation, whereby anyone who voiced an opinion that disagreed with the loud "clique" would be pounced upon en masse. I warned moderation not to tolerate this behavior, because the alligator doesn't care who he eats...and sure enough, when CBCS failed to do something in the manner that group wanted...they turned on CBCS just as fiercely...for example, when user "Darth Lego" was banned.

And when Darth Lego was banned, his avatar was replaced by moderation with the one of Allison Hannigan, holding Thor's hammer (and I believe wearing a shirt with a CBCS logo on it), which stated "One time...at banned camp"...essentially official mockery of the now-banned person. 

That's grossly unprofessional, incredibly petty, and completely beneath what is supposedly trying to be a respected grading company. I warned them about this, the optics of such a move, and that, too, was ignored. You cannot moderate based on your personal opinions about ANYONE, or you fail. You cannot help but fail.

Of course, by making myself a critic, it was only a matter of time before I had to go, too. 

8 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

:facepalm:

I thought you knew it all?

Misdirection and avoidance. All this does is exhibit your intentions were disingenuous, and you were misleading the OP. You again avoid the questions I asked. Why? Why be intentionally determined to avoid simple questions that would not leave a cloud of suspicion about your reasons for mentioning RMA, but not your own fall from grace with the entity? It is of course your Right to have the possibility of a cloud darkening opinions of your integrity and honesty on the Boards and dealings with other members, and their opinions. I don't understand the reason for doing so, but if you want to avoid the issue and misdirect the converstion, that is up to you.

And look at Stu Cathell's behavior: the raging of a sociopath, who has to Dox people and invent ridiculous an lewd names (like "CunningStunts"), all because someone stands up to him and disagrees with him.

Banned hundreds of times, he comes back over and over and over again, just to take shots. 

7 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

There may still be some misunderstanding. "Suspension" at the CBCS board means the same thing as a "strike" used to here: a set period of time during which a person is not allowed to post, but after which, such restrictions are removed. For clarity's sake.

The administration and moderation of the CBCS board is such that they've taken an aggressive stance towards banning those who criticize them...justly or not...which has resulted in many people being banned, some of which were vociferously protested by the denizens of the CBCS forum, which, likewise, resulted in further draconian action. I was not the first person banned at the CBCS board, and I certainly won't be the last.

One of the worst problems of the board was the toxic culture that was tolerated (and even encouraged) by their moderation, whereby anyone who voiced an opinion that disagreed with the loud "clique" would be pounced upon en masse. I warned moderation not to tolerate this behavior, because the alligator doesn't care who he eats...and sure enough, when CBCS failed to do something in the manner that group wanted...they turned on CBCS just as fiercely...for example, when user "Darth Lego" was banned.

And when Darth Lego was banned, his avatar was replaced by moderation with the one of Allison Hannigan, holding Thor's hammer (and I believe wearing a shirt with a CBCS logo on it), which stated "One time...at banned camp"...essentially official mockery of the now-banned person. 

That's grossly unprofessional, incredibly petty, and completely beneath what is supposedly trying to be a respected grading company. I warned them about this, the optics of such a move, and that, too, was ignored. You cannot moderate based on your personal opinions about ANYONE, or you fail. You cannot help but fail.

Of course, by making myself a critic, it was only a matter of time before I had to go, too. 

Thank you. Suspension vs. Strike does not negate my questions directed to Mr. Logan, because he has not disclosed his present or past status with the entity, when it occurred, and whether or not he is still in a hold pattern with the entity. This, to me, indicates nondisclosure to the OP, when he stated the comments concerning you to the OP, and did so for fair and balanced reasons. It does cause me to suspect a false flag was being presented to the OP.

That is never honorable behavior.

Is this where I point out that Stu Cathell was the very first person banned from the CBCS forum...?

And has been banned here for a good 15 years, until he makes up a new name to slip past moderation...?

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

6 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

CGC (Ah yes...the original.)

1bOrZQd.jpg

CBCS (Um..well...ok.)

4JyUvEq.jpg

PGX (WTF???!!!)

5p3qJQe.jpg

OMG!! I don't actually, 100% agree. I mean really, picture #2 is more likely what most of us can aspire for......  but I cannot quit laughing

I would however by the bro in the WW (Wonder Man?) outfit a beer. I mean that takes some courage

Edited by Tony S

12 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

I've found his statements to be accurate on pretty much everything. And if I were forming a debate team, he'd be the first one I'd call... lol 

+10000

RMA may rub some people the wrong way, but I’ve never read nor encountered (yes we met yrs ago at Phoenix comic con) a more passionate, informative comic collector in my life.  Thanks RMA for the info on CBCS.  I only have couple of their books in my collection but may sub them here. 

Edited by cujobyte