• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinity Gauntlet is heading into TDKR and Killing Joke territory

76 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, dichotomy said:

05872FD9-5F7C-4CF4-AEB6-0168533FDFBF.jpeg

Dd you post this so we'd see Infinity Gauntlet in the top 12, or so we'd see that Walking Dead and/or Saga were both 3 times as popular in the same time period? :insane:
I'm curious to see how popular these same books are in another decade tho. Assuming we make it that long. :)

I knew it was popular, but Wow. I think this list confirms "Saga" as the most over-rated (I didn't say bad) comic of the decade.

I'm genuinely surprised to see that 25 years later, Killing Joke is selling more than Dark Knight and Watchmen. Though it could simply be that DK and WM are kept in print in a greater number of different formats? Or not? any ideas?

4 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

Dd you post this so we'd see Infinity Gauntlet in the top 12, or so we'd see that Walking Dead and/or Saga were both 3 times as popular in the same time period? :insane:

Thought it was interesting. Definitely more so when compared to last year. Also, seeking a conversation that doesn’t dissolve into sales tax...

On 1/16/2020 at 5:22 AM, dichotomy said:

The big change in that decade was the rise of bookstore sales (including Amazon) over the comic shops. So how much of this is the retail echo chamber...? Buyers at the chains with only limited comics knowledge buy these titles because that's what they've been told to stock... which are then on the endcaps and are then what sells.

By "invoiced" do they mean after returns? Because that would negate the above echo chamber effect.