• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold 85 rare?
1 1

20 posts in this topic

Hi, I have certain comics on my want list which I have saved in my favorites, for ebay. Newly listed 1st. I check them almost every day.

Brave and the Bold 85 ( New style Green Arrow by Mr. Adams) seems to be very tough to find in anything above 7.5.

A few years now and I don't recall seeing an 8.0 or better. 1969 comic. 154 Universal graded isnt very many but still this one is a challenge. I'm just trying to find an 8.5 or 9.0.

Wonder why so few come around.

Edited by kc2112

37 minutes ago, kc2112 said:

Hi, I have certain comics on my want list which I have saved in my favorites, for ebay. Newly listed 1st. I check them almost every day.

Brave and the Bold 85 ( New style Green Arrow by Mr. Adams) seems to be very tough to find in anything above 7.5.

A few years now and I don't recall seeing an 8.0 or better. 1969 comic. 154 Universal graded isnt very many but still this one is a challenge. I'm just trying to find an 8.5 or 9.0.

The Arrow show kind of put Brave and Bold #85 in the spotlight.

It use to be a good little sleeper book until Arrow put Green Arrow in demand.

Not rare, but in demand now.

13 hours ago, kc2112 said:

Market Scarce! 

Well, on Comiclink alone I bid on 2 9.4's, 1 9.6 and 1 9.8 in 2015, 2017, 2017 and 2018 respectively.  The opportunities are out there - I haven't bothered to look at HA for recent copies there, but they do come around.  Seems like this is an underrated book and should have upside considering it is both Neal Adams AND the first new Green Arrow look.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:33 PM, Silver said:

It’s not easy to find in high grade, I remember looking for awhile. Think I settled on an 8.5 cause people wanted silly money for 9.4’s.

Sold my Pacific Coast copy many years back doh! Really sweet Adams cover:

bb85.jpg

Edited by mosconi