• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double Inserts

12 posts in this topic

I posted this in the noob section, but I think I'll get better viewing in here.

"As you know some comics have a 'Mark Jewellers' insert, MOTU insert etc.

I have a book with the 'Atari' insert - except there are two of them, both firmly attached.

Is this unusual, and worth hanging on to or should I just regard it as another book with an insert, albeit a double?"

Thanks!

Doubles are cool, but in my experience these types add little additional value. I used to track all the ASM inserts including the Atari ones, but generally only MJI / NDS and Pizzazz get collectors interested. I had an ASM 96 with two NDS inserts (the lingerie ones). The only double I'd ever seen. It was low grade though. I had an ASM bagged edition (390 from memory?) with two sets of the film cells / promo comic too. 

Thanks Guys - I will get it slabbed up (it's high grade anyway) and hang on to it for a while.

Thanks for your replies and help :foryou:

1 hour ago, Beige said:

Thanks Guys - I will get it slabbed up (it's high grade anyway) and hang on to it for a while.

You never told us what the book was Beige? Anything exciting? 

9 hours ago, Beige said:

hm Has anyone ever seen a note of Double Insert on a CGC slabbed comic?  I have not, you might want to mention that when you send it in for grading.  

7 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Thats amazing!

I guess they guy checking the printing of Detective #498 must have been having a quiet nap one night.  lol

So there are 2 copies with double inserts - I found mine in the wild.

Thanks for that Marwood :foryou:

On 9/2/2018 at 12:51 PM, cosmic-spider-man said:

It is pretty rare to find a book with a Double Insert, I have had hundreds of Mark Jewellers comics and I have only ever found one that had a Double Mark Jewellers Insert and I have only ever heard of one more that another board member had.  (thumbsu

This is in ASM 165.

1744551-2103314156_ORIG.jpg.81021e01aa6719b42157a33f69aed70e.jpg

Edited by Stronguy

12 hours ago, Beige said:

Thats amazing!

I guess they guy checking the printing of Detective #498 must have been having a quiet nap one night.  lol

So there are 2 copies with double inserts - I found mine in the wild.

Thanks for that Marwood :foryou:

Your welcome. Inserts are cool. There should be more threads about them :)