• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash 1940-1949
1 1

138 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2023 at 2:39 AM, Professor K said:

I like the early Shelly serious Flash much better than later renditions, same with Green Lantern. Been wanting to upgrade this to blue for a long long long time.

1940-10 Flash 10.jpg

:cloud9: My favorite GA Flash cover! A grail book to me. Maybe one day ....:cloud9:. Thanks for sharing!

On 2/19/2023 at 8:13 PM, flashlites said:

I thought this was interesting! Lots of Golden Age Flash Comics in the footage. They were just hanging out in a Canadian comic shop in 1970, no bags and boards as those had not been invented yet. Ahhhh, to go back in time....:cloud9::cloud9::whee:

I liked the cameo by George Olshevsky.

On 2/20/2023 at 10:16 AM, Robot Man said:

Another rare piece of Flash GA memorabilia...

flash:supermanwatch.jpeg

What an amazing item!!! Tells any details you might have about this. I knew Superman had a watch back then but I never dreamed Flash appeared on these kinds of items!

On 2/20/2023 at 5:34 PM, flashlites said:

What an amazing item!!! Tells any details you might have about this. I knew Superman had a watch back then but I never dreamed Flash appeared on these kinds of items!

A cheap made in Japan novelty item. Only one I have ever seen. Only the 2nd GA Flash item I know of. 

On 2/20/2023 at 6:53 PM, Professor K said:

The Made in Japan part is kind of weird. I don't think Japan recovered from the war and started making products for export until the mid 50's. Neat Item though. Most likely no older than 1954. Whataya think? 

Probably so. Definitely post war. Pre SA Flash though. Just an interesting item I found in my travels.