• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

North Texas Comic Book Show February 2 & 3, 2019 - Milgrom, Nolan, Isabella, Pollard
1 1

51 posts in this topic

Excellent show as usual. I didn't spend very much this time, due to saving up for a bigger book, but I did get a few autographs that I am really excited about. In particular, I have wanted to see JM DeMatteis at a show for 20+ years and finally got to shake his hand and tell him how much I've enjoyed his writing. It sounded like the dealers were doing reasonably well, which is always a good sign. Looking forward to the summer edition of this show!

Photos are of one row of creator tables the night before the show, and my OO ASM #293 that I had signed old school on the first page by the creative team.

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

Edited by mysterio

This was a great show as usual and very cool to see how far this show has grown. The lineup this year was great. I made it out Saturday and talked to Mysterio and Monsters Lair in line for Mike Zeck, good seeing both of you. Always love talking to Zeck and John Beatty, great guys. Zeck had a cool set of Kraven Last Hunt print set I picked up and had him, McCleod and DeMatteis sign them.  Talked to Mike and JM’s about what they thought about a Kraven’s Last Hunt movie. They both thought it would be a cool story but JM thought it would work better as an animated film, interesting.

I really wanted to get a sketch from Keith Pollard but His sketch line was full on Saturday and I couldn’t make it out Sunday. Nevertheless It was still cool to shake his hand and tell him how much Ross Andru’s and then his run on ASM meant to me as 9 year old kid and how much fun it was to hit up the 7-11 each month getting the newest issue. He told me he felt the same way about Ditko as a kid.

Already  Looking forward to see who Chris brings in for July.

12 hours ago, spideyfan68 said:

This was a great show as usual and very cool to see how far this show has grown. The lineup this year was great. I made it out Saturday and talked to Mysterio and Monsters Lair in line for Mike Zeck, good seeing both of you. Always love talking to Zeck and John Beatty, great guys. Zeck had a cool set of Kraven Last Hunt print set I picked up and had him, McCleod and DeMatteis sign them.  Talked to Mike and JM’s about what they thought about a Kraven’s Last Hunt movie. They both thought it would be a cool story but JM thought it would work better as an animated film, interesting.

I really wanted to get a sketch from Keith Pollard but His sketch line was full on Saturday and I couldn’t make it out Sunday. Nevertheless It was still cool to shake his hand and tell him how much Ross Andru’s and then his run on ASM meant to me as 9 year old kid and how much fun it was to hit up the 7-11 each month getting the newest issue. He told me he felt the same way about Ditko as a kid.

Already  Looking forward to see who Chris brings in for July.

Good seeing you too! I’d hoped to run back into you after Zeck’s line but we didn’t cross paths again before we left 1ish. Sounds like the summer show will be a fun one, hope to see you there!

Yep! Great show as usual! I ran into @mysterio as well. Always a pleasure to catch up! This was a fantastic lineup and talking with some of the creators is a treat all by itself. It was fun to listen to Al Milgrom talk about why he did a certain cover, or he remembers working his heart out on a certain project, etc, etc. I love meeting these guys and seeing that they're down to earth and willing to talk to you on a human level. It really makes the experience that much better. Also looking forward to the summer show, can't wait to see who makes it this time!

I was able to get my ASM #361 signed by Randy Emberlin and even started a small sketch book that I got a few of the creators to sketch in. I'll keep it going for all future shows and see how many pages I can get filled in! Thanks for putting this great show together!