• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signed comics gets a green label
2 2

29 posts in this topic

On 9/3/2022 at 11:01 PM, URATowel said:

Weird back cover. Is that a foreign reprint? That sig looks pretty suss to me too hm

Mighty World of Marvel #1, a UK title. 

On 9/3/2022 at 5:48 PM, Every Day A Story said:

Anyone know what happens if you have a signature on the back cover, is it treated as an interior page and thus Blue Label? Just purchased this book with Stan's sign on back.

5c001b64-6dba-422d-868f-aef900eb8858.thumb.jpg.d03cb4e909df85973c7099a7e686db4c.jpg

It would very likely still be a blue label...as long as there isn't anything else that would make it Qualified.  

On 9/4/2022 at 12:29 AM, Every Day A Story said:

So assume you were bidding/watching that Excalibur auction too @Get Marwood & I

Just watching this time. No Charltons for me to bid on, alas. Well done on your win - I should've kept my old copy!

Those Captain Britains went a bit mad, didn't they. I remember buying #1 for 10p when it came out. Where did those days go....

I equally understand and not understand this disparity of CGC verified signatures by collectors. We only have ourselves to blame when scoffing at what could be a verified signature, but not a "CGC verified." However, if you're someone who does not care, it's a gold mine for you.

I recall when pursuing non-U.S. comic variants was not a thing. That was until I came across several collectors who love finding these. Maybe some day we'll look back and wonder why we didn't buy the Hungarian-languaged ASM we saw.

Happy hunting. And...beautiful copy of GS X-Men #1.