• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I press new modern books?
1 1

26 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2018 at 1:27 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

Whenever a book is pressed, there is always the 'danger' of mishap from handling. See this thread where the OP thinks the pressing service put fingerprints on his book, resulting in a 9.4 . 

OP later admitted to introducing the fingerprints himself. 

On 9/22/2018 at 1:27 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

Whenever a book is pressed, there is always the 'danger' of mishap from handling. See this thread where the OP thinks the pressing service put fingerprints on his book, resulting in a 9.4 . 

I can't understand why a pressing service would not be handling ALL books with some sort of gloves on.  Makes no sense at all.  New books with the freshness of the ink are super prone to fingerprinting in my experience.  I always put on gloves when handling and processing large stacks of books even for my personal collection.

2 hours ago, joeypost said:

OP later admitted to introducing the fingerprints himself. 

I don't think he genuinely admitted anything. If you read his comments in context, his reply was in anger after someone suggested maybe he did it. 

33 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I don't think he genuinely admitted anything. If you read his comments in context, his reply was in anger after someone suggested maybe he did it. 

I told him just crack it open and have law enforcement check the prints on book verses his. Only way to be sure.