• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon 2006

735 posts in this topic

Thought I would kick off the thread for next year's show by announcing the dates:

APRIL 28-30, 2006

Location will likely be the National Trade Centre again, but which Hall (we have three on hold) we will be in is still being discussed and will be finalized in July.

Waaaaay too early to start making guest announcements, but I've got a lot of great people who have expressed interest in coming. Announcements will be forthcoming but we're also welcoming suggestions at this stage. Website revisions are on their way.

And the 2006 Shuster Awards will be handed out on the evening of Saturday, April 29, 2006. There are a number of new announcements and articles on the Shuster Awards website (see my sig line for the link).

Come on try it please I know you can do it, nothing is impossible. Frank miller is going to wizard world, that proves nothing is impossible. Try it explain to him that you aren't like other conventions. Tell him you won the connies two years in a row and give him some testimonials from other guest. And if you can't get a great silver age legend like ditko try for some more modern age legends like perhaps Garth Ennis or Todd McFarlain maybe even that hot shot painter Gaberelle Dell Otto. The only reason I ask for the impossible is I have seen you and pete do the impossible at the past cons.

I know you were making fun of my Ditko Request But Hey Alan Moore would be cool to. Infact I would fly up and go to the con instead of just sending stuff to get signed. If you got alan moore. But He would probably be more impossible than Ditko

I mentioned this before, but Ayers is also on the con scene and quite the accomplished individual....any chances there? It'd be great to talk to the guy and get some sketches....

Roy.

Based on feedback from exhibitors re: the National Trade Centre's Queen Elizabeth Building (2003-4) and East Annex (2005) we have opted to move the show to HALL C.

6.jpg

Hall C is located on the South Side of the main National Trade Centre building (the new side =pictured above, Hall C is near the middle tower).

For genre fans, the main building of The National Trade Centre was featured prominantly in the movie Resident Evil: Apocalypse as the government stronghold that was holding Eve (Milla Jovovich) at the end of the movie.

Benefits of Hall C:

58, 315 Square Feet – 3 adjacent rooms for panels & workshops plus an 1,800 square foot salon for larger presentations.

Fully air conditioned – no exposed vents or heating/cooling problems.

No columns - Floorport conduit system for electrical, drainage, telecommunications (phone/computer) w/fibre-optic connectivity

High (60 foot) ceiling

Loading Dock Access with 21 bays and drive-on access to the exhibit floor.

Huge Parking lot across the road. Additional underground parking available. Steps away from the historic Princess Gates.

For genre fans, the main building of The National Trade Centre was featured prominantly in the movie Resident Evil: Apocalypse as the government stronghold that was holding Eve (Milla Jovovich) at the end of the movie.

That's all I need to know. Fine choice!

There will be a dramatic change in the appearance of the show next year, we'll be in a proper convention hall. It reminds me of the one they use for Wizard World Philly, just not as wide since they use three or four halls and we're using one.

Climate control shouldn't be an issue ever again. As Phil would say, no jacket required.

There are no points in the hall that have direct access to the outside. Even the loading dock door (at the back of the hall this time - not the front) has a corridor between that door and the outside.

Don't know about the birds. I didn't see any the last time I was there. I suppose if they were determined to get in they could...