• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon 2006

735 posts in this topic

OMG!! I just got into comics and I went into your store recently with 3 of my cousins. I'll definately be going here. I've been dying to go to a Comic Con. AND PLEASE,

JIM LEE!!!!!!!!!!

Thankya,

Kyle

How much does it cost to enter? And would we be able to get stuff signed, and how would we go about doing so? Do we need a special band or something like San Diego Comic Con, and if so - how much does that cost (if it does cost $)? Thanks..

Hey Kyle,

All of that will be announced in January and February, but to give you an idea of what it cost last spring:

2005 ADMISSION PRICES (in Canadian dollars):

TYPE / 1-DAY / 3-DAY

REGULAR / $15 / $32

STUDENT / $13 / $28

YOUTH (10-15)/$10 / $22

CHILD (<10)/ FREE / FREE

With admission you got a coloured wristband that would allow you in and out privileges.

3 day passholders had a card that got hole-punched each day before they were given that day's wristband colour.

Prices for next year may stay the same, they may change. We won't be discussing this until we get closer to the event.

Nice, thanks Kevin, that's very reasonable. Looks like it will cost me $13! Anyways, I'm still wondering about the signatures. Do you need something special to get your comics signed by your guests? Will there be signing tables like there was at San Diego comic con?

CGC will definitely be there next year, as they have been at every one of our 3-day events.

Paradise & CGC have a number of Signature Series witnesses present at our shows, so getting a signature verified for encapsulation won't be a problem. Just make sure you check in before you get the book signed, because a signature can't be verified without a witness present.

"I'm still wondering about the signatures. Do you need something special to get your comics signed by your guests? Will there be signing tables like there was at San Diego comic con? "

And I was also wondering what you mean by 'check in'. And how do you get a witness to come with you to get something signed 27_laughing.gif. Does it cost money or anything?

Thanks a lot,

Kyle

Oh, and just to clarify... at our shows every guest has their own table where they will be signing (and sometimes sketching) all the time - unless they are on break or at a panel. Some guests are at the company booths (like in San Diego) like UDON, Top Cow or Speakeasy, but most will be at their own table in the guest area or in Artist's Alley.

You don't have to do anything special if you want a comic or book signed for yourself (not Signature Series'd). Guests don't usually charge for autographs.

Re: "check in"

With Signature Series we usually do the paperwork with you in advance, then you can either give the book to Paradise to get signed for you, or you can line up and signal one of the witnesses in the guest area (we tell you who they are when you check in) to come see the book get signed. Then the witness takes the book from you to submit to CGC.

EDIT: Okay thanks, perfect answer. Oh and if I were to go into your store could I submit a comic to CGC through you? Because your sites on CGC site, and how much TOTAL would it be to subit a comic to you guys to submit to CGC. Just like 1 or 2 modern comics. What would total price be (include shipping and return shipping, etc, everything needed). Okay that's it, thanks a lot.

Oh and also I went into your store 2 weeks ago but I didn't see any CGC SS, but I see you have tons on eBay..

Thanks, and please keep us posted on guests smile.gif

**jimlee**

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

I don't actually work for the store, I just shop there and do the convention with Peter (the owner) but they definitely accept submissions to CGC at the store.

As far as I know, moderns cost US$16 plus shipping cost, which I think he charges US$7 for (but don't quote me on that). Hopefully Peter or Doug can hop on and clarify this for you.

Signature Series are more - $27 per book.

They have a ton of Signature Series at the store, but due to spacing issues only have a few upstairs. Most are in the basement. Next time you are in ask if they can show you what is available.

I will have some MAJOR guest announcements to make in August.

Thanks,

Kevin

Thanks Kev

Hey Kyle

Moderns cost $16 U.S.plus shipping cost, which is $7.00 per book

Signature Series are $27 per book.

If you have any more questions contact me at the store (416) 487-9807 and I can explain more.

Thanks Doug thumbsup2.gif

Does the $7 include return, or is it $7 each way? And that's 7US right. Yeah, last time I went you brought, or someoen brought up all this stuff from the basement. I wanna see what's in there 27_laughing.gif

And for SS that's $27 plus shipping right? And what does it cost for each additional book, and what additional shipping for each book.

Also do you guys sell bags and boards, I need some, if so how much $? Thanks, and your answers are greatly appreciated, both Doug and Kev. Thanks a lot!

Kyle

Does the $7 include return, or is it $7 each way? And that's 7US right. Yeah, last time I went you brought, or someoen brought up all this stuff from the basement. I wanna see what's in there 27_laughing.gif

And for SS that's $27 plus shipping right? And what does it cost for each additional book, and what additional shipping for each book.

Also do you guys sell bags and boards, I need some, if so how much $? Thanks, and your answers are greatly appreciated, both Doug and Kev. Thanks a lot!

Kyle

Hey Kyle

The shipping cost is $7.00 both ways . We do have tons of books in the basement . thumbsup2.gif

The signature series is $27.00 for each book plus shipping of $7.00 for each book .

We also sell all the supplies bags, boards, mylar, mylite, boxes,etc

hopefully this helps

Doug

Kyle

Hey Kyle

The shipping cost is $7.00 both ways . We do have tons of books in the basement . thumbsup2.gif

The signature series is $27.00 for each book plus shipping of $7.00 for each book .

hopefully this helps

Doug

Be careful though, Doug offers a free bum pinching service to new customers. 893whatthe.gif

Kyle

Hey Kyle

hopefully this helps

Doug

Be careful though, Doug offers a free bum pinching service to new customers. 893whatthe.gif

never to me..

Doug must really like you alex