• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No large grade in the upper left?

11 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Chuck P said:

Had anyone ever seen a CGC label without the large grade numbers?

20180906_135130.thumb.jpg.c4ce9863a2936829e6ffa7736f0e721d.jpg

yes, these are just the earliest cgc comics.  Nothing better or worse about them.  You can google 'old label cgc' or search on ebay to find a zillion more examples.

26 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I really do love the look of the old label. What was the reason behind the switch? I could never find an explanation behind it.

the retail side of selling CGC books greatly appreciates the larger grade number. In fact it could be even bigger so that your potential buyer can read the grade from across your table at a comic show.

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

the retail side of selling CGC books greatly appreciates the larger grade number. In fact it could be even bigger so that your potential buyer can read the grade from across your table at a comic show.

Yeah I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. That's pretty obvious. I do still like the look of the old label, purely from the purchaser's perspective.

That label was from the era when I sent in 4 books, only to have 2 returned unslabbed, with no explanation.   I called them up, and was told to send the two back in, which were then slabbed.   One was a Batman 227 that came back a 9.0.   Wish I still had it.   I've never sent anything in since.