• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC not allowing local pickup of orders
2 2

57 posts in this topic

Actually they could qualify that part of the business as a REIT (Real estate investment trust).  Create a little box of units where customers can go pick up their orders when they feel like.  Much like a PO Box.  Which they pay for.  

Air conditioning might be optional,  imagine how fast those pickups would be if customers knew the books were out in the heat.  :jokealert:

Edited by blazingbob

4 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Actually they could qualify that part of the business as a REIT (Real estate investment trust).  Create a little box of units where customers can go pick up their orders when they feel like.  Much like a PO Box.  Which they pay for.  

Like micro-hotels in Japan or the pickup Amazon lockers at Whole Foods.  I like where this is going.

7 hours ago, elektra101 said:

I find this NEWS very upsetting.  I make the drive the CGC a few times a year to drop off and pick up books.  Most times its between 200 to 300 books.

I find that 300 books would costs OVER 780 dollars to ship back to me..  Thats at over 65 dollars ground shipping per 25 books to me.  The drive costs less then 50 dollars round trip.  To me that is a HUGE savings.

NOT COOL CGC.    :(

I agree. I was thinking about dropping off 400 books....

oh well. 

2 minutes ago, newshane said:

oh well. 

They revised it, I thought, in a reply that they try to contact you, and after a certain number of days they ship is not picked up :foryou: 

I really thought that would get more coverage, then figured not enough people saw it, and then there were crickets.....

feel free to correct.... :shy: 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
4 minutes ago, newshane said:

oh well. 

They revised it, I thought, in a reply that they try to contact you, and after a certain number of days they ship is not picked up :foryou: 

I really thought that would get more coverage, then figured not enough people saw it, and then there were crickets.....

I at least see that "same-day-walk-through" is still available, I don't know how that affects the cost compared to before though..... 

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

What I posted is for dealers etc 

This is ridiculous!

I can pull right up to PGX Headquarters and drop my books off at the garage.

I show up the next day and collect them at the kitchen window.

Much easier.

I AM OUTRAGED!!!

24 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

You should choose the local delivery option.

giphy.gif.da2296aabdb46d850fed7812d4cb55c7.gif

Me and this kid (who's now like 45 and turned his $2 paper route into a six-figure career after his acting career didn't pan out) will be going halfsies on a new CGC middle-man shipping arrangement.  We will be opening a receiving depot across the street from CGC and offering up a door to warehouse pickup delivery service.  For a flat annual membership of $99 you can have an unlimited number of books "shipped" from CGC to our secure facility across the street by us (once we receive approval to be used as an authorized shipping service by CGC).  You may then drive to our warehouse and pick up your books by appointment.  We will be installing a drive through option for speedy pickups.  In the next several. months we will be testing group UBER and LYFT coordinated pickups whereby an UBER/LYFT will deliver your books + others to your local address at the same time as you or someone else near you requests a ride.  Make sure you are home or the shipment will continue to ride with the UBER/LYFT vehicle beyond the pickup point and begin to accrue fees for each destination until you catch up to it.

In 2 years we will be expanding to our Redbox model whereby you can have your books deployed to a CGC kiosk where your books will be dispensed 1 at a time for an additional $2 per book.  Returns will not be accepted at those locations.

In the next 5 years (or whenever drone carrying capacity technology reaches this point) we will be using a drone conveyor system whereby your books will be in constant flux throughout the city skies ready to drop them off at any GPS enabled location of your choosing night or day.  The one caveat is that you must make a pickup request and pickup transaction within the first hour of launch notification that day or you will be charged an additional $5/hour for every hour that the books have to be enroute or rerouted.  Failure to pay will result in the drone failing to return for refueling and jettisoning its cargo at wherever it is currently located when reaching it's lowest powercell level.

On black friday we will be offering this service at a discount fo $6/month but reserve the right to change our terms limiting the days in which you can pickup your books, quantity of books, and instill peak pricing for peak pickup times.

5 hours ago, blazingbob said:

How long is CGC holding books for you when you drop them off?  Would you be upset if they were charging you storage/insurance fees, additional employee costs since these are outside of the regular process?  

I pick them up within 1 week or 2 weeks 99% of the time.   Its funny how 300 books can be given at the same time.  Some finish on mOnday...some on wednesday...and some the next monday.  I come soon after.  They do not sit there weeks on end.

I will say the 1 delay they have is on their side.  They would always say they are at  comic convention and I can't come that day.  least you forget they are closed weekends and all holidays (Which they do deserve) 

anyways I just won't submit for the time being.

Scott

Elektra101

25 minutes ago, elektra101 said:

anyways I just won't submit for the time being.

Why not try and work something out with a local dealer since they can still pickup? Submit through them and be there when they pick up for you. 

6 hours ago, Transplant said:

Like micro-hotels in Japan or the pickup Amazon lockers at Whole Foods.  I like where this is going.

One time, I sold one CGC copy to Irishman. He asked me to send it to his hotel before he flied from Ireland and he checked in here in USA.  I called his hotel about the package on the way. The hotel clerk said they will hold it until the person picks up. It charged him $20 for holding the package. Irishman upset about it. That was 8 years ago. I see why CGC is not doing the pick-ups HOWEVER...... 

The pick-ups can save them money from ordering boxes, supplies and delivery charges. It would be more logical to keep the pick-ups to save money from replacing the damaged cases then sending them back at NO COST (they lose money)!!!  They always can keep handling fees for drop-offs and pick-ups.

Edited by JollyComics