• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

With all this talk of OA I just thought of something terrible...

11 posts in this topic

What if some fool company (or individual) decided to buy OA, like the cover to Avengers 4 and so on, and cut it up in little pieces and sell the parts for profit?

They do this with rare sporting items like one of Babe's bats.

Would there be any legal action the collecting comunity could take to stop such a thing from happening?

What if some fool company (or individual) decided to buy OA, like the cover to Avengers 4 and so on, and cut it up in little pieces and sell the parts for profit?

Someone already did that. There was a thread on it not too long ago.

Would there be any legal action the collecting comunity could take to stop such a thing from happening?

Nope.

Nope.

I saw that.

They cut up a story page into panels.

I think that's bad, but imagine someone buying the cover to FF 5 for $50,000 and cutting it up into 1000 pieces and selling each one for $100.

That would be criminal! mad.gif

Nope.

I saw that.

I think that's bad, but imagine someone buying the cover to FF 5 for $50,000 and cutting it up into 1000 pieces and selling each one for $100.

Depending on the size of the original artwork, the page is about 154 or 230 square inches in size. If you cut it into 1,000 pieces, you'd have a tiny sliver for each piece. Who would pay $100 for a tiny sliver of that page? screwy.gif

Nope.

I saw that.

Depending on the size of the original artwork, the page is about 154 or 230 square inches in size. If you cut it into 1,000 pieces, you'd have a tiny sliver for each piece. Who would pay $100 for a tiny sliver of that page? screwy.gif

Maybe not pay, but included in a pack of superhero trading cards or comics or some such...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nope.

I saw that.

Who would pay 100s of $$$ for a ball card with a tiny sliver of a baseball bat in it?

crazy.gif

Nope.

I saw that.

rolleyes8li.gif

I know that John Leguizano ( i am sure I am mispelling his name, but you get the idea) has done this with Silver Age comics.....ripped out the pages and plastered them on his wall like wallpaper...... 893whatthe.gif

Call me a heathen, but if the books are really low grade (we're talking beaters, here) and not keys, it doesn't sound like a half bad idea. Probably cheaper than most wall paper designs at Home Depot, and cooler too.

Though admittedly I'd never have the nerve to do it.

Nope.

I saw that.

NO, not criminal, I believe the word you are searching for is "stupid".