• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vancouver (BC) Comic & Toy Show October 28, 2018 Sunday
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Huge three (3) hall comic and toy show with over 160 vendor's tables at Croatian Cultural Center 3250 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC, Canada on Sunday Oct. 28, 2018 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Over 14,400 square feet of family fun with vintage back issues to new comics, Funko pop toys and pop culture including Star Wars, Star Trek, My Lttle Pony. Cosplay is encouraged, as this comic-centric show is before Hallowe'en. Admission is $8; kids under 13 enter FREE. Free parking or ten (10) minute walk from Broadway at Commercial Drive skytrain station. Top door prizes are two (2) $100 gift certificates. More independent press and comic guest info at 15th Vancouver Comic Show updates

gWAC8nl.jpg

ATM bank machine and food concession available at the Show.

Yeah... it is bagging and boarding time for us today. Going be a good show next week! :banana:

thank you for the early birthday comment, my mileage hasn’t yet roll over until Thursday.

I would estimate that attendance was lower than the previous Father's Day Van Comic Show. Some vendors said their retail sales were lower this time compared to June, 2018 but it may have been because they were also vending 2 weeks ago at Fan Expo Vancouver? Seemed like most SA, BA and CA sellers did great. My 1st sale during dealer set up was FF #48 fn+ (worship), FF #49 vgfn, #30 vf but coupon clipped so a reader, # 58 Inhumans fn-. Sold Flash #139 Prof. Zoom vg+ due to sub-crease, FF Annual #6 fn- baby Franklin Richards, Strange Adventures #11, etc. so my 2nd best $$ Show in Vancouver ever.

Yes, like aardvark88 said. We noticed the traffic had lessened in the afternoon, especially in the last hour. It was busy from the opening for few hours. Sold two long boxes to many people on $1 dollar comics. Sold X-Men 99 and 103, Marvel Premire 6 and many BA marvels and DC. Our sales were actually slightly better than the other show last month, so we didn’t sold many off the wall rack. 

That will take care on our hotel expenses for ECCC 2019 in March. We have one more show (the other show) in November then I can take my habitation winter break. See you all for the February show! 

Thank you for the unique Quebec Archie edition, aardvark88! 

7 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

I would estimate that attendance was lower than the previous Father's Day Van Comic Show. Some vendors said their retail sales were lower this time compared to June, 2018 but it may have been because they were also vending 2 weeks ago at Fan Expo Vancouver? Seemed like most SA, BA and CA sellers did great. My 1st sale during dealer set up was FF #48 fn+ (worship), FF #49 vgfn, #30 vf but coupon clipped so a reader, # 58 Inhumans fn-. Sold Flash #139 Prof. Zoom vg+ due to sub-crease, FF Annual #6 fn- baby Franklin Richards, Strange Adventures #11, etc. so my 2nd best $$ Show in Vancouver ever.

Hey @aardvark88 I was the buyer of the Thor #168 (Galactus!) and my friend was the buyer of the Flash #139! I should have guessed you were a boardie based on your great pricing, grading and comic knowledge. Wish I'd showed up early enough for that FF #49...

My friend is just getting into collecting and wanted to circle the entire show first and have me point out which vendor had (IMHO) the fairest prices. As luck would have it, your table was the winner. That 1st Zoom is the first comic in my friend's collection and he is very happy with it (he didn't even notice the sub crease until I pointed it out - comic presents much nicer than the grade). Surprised your Avengers #4 didn't move as it was also very fairly priced. Nice to meet and talk with you and glad you had a great show! (thumbsu

Congrats on the sale @aardvark88.  too bad I was late to the setup, would have love to have a look at your ff48.  Traffic was less than last show for sure.  Most of my sales were from the $1/$2 bins. :smile:

13 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

My friend is just getting into collecting and wanted to circle the entire show first and have me point out which vendor had (IMHO) the fairest prices. Surprised your Avengers #4 didn't move as it was also very fairly priced. Nice to meet and talk with you and glad you had a great show! (thumbsu

@Black_Adam Very nice to meet you and your buddy. Thanks so much for the purchases. I love those Kirby Thor (Galactus origin related) issues too. Had another vendor look closely at my Avengers #4 twice. He said he had to sell his FF #49 and #50 first to come up with the loot. He was able to sell the pair to another wheeler dealer by the end of the show but the vendors all started packing up slowly by 4:30 p.m., as some were worried about the rain on our long boxes as we shuffled them into our mini-vans or SUVs.

@Fan Boy . Nice to see your face light up :golfclap: viewing that unique Quebec published English Archie mag.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

4 hours ago, Comicsam said:

would have love to have a look at your ff 48.   Most of my sales were from the $1/$2 bins. :smile:

Everyone loves $1 and $2 bins.

Have to admit that it sure helps to have Voldemort Grading at the Show. Seems to bring in some higher end collectors dropping off their vintage comics for pressing and/or slabbing, and then doing some comic shopping. An All-Star Comics #8 (worship) was submitted.

On 10/28/2018 at 10:17 PM, aardvark88 said:

My 1st sale during dealer set up was FF #48 fn+ (worship), FF #49 vgfn, #30 vf but coupon clipped so a reader, # 58 Inhumans fn-. Sold Flash #139 Prof. Zoom vg+ due to sub-crease, FF Annual #6 fn- baby Franklin Richards, Strange Adventures #11, etc. so my 2nd best $$ Show in Vancouver ever.

3 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Avengers #4 now on hold for a :bump: collector, not a dealer.

Allan;

Glad to hear that you had yourself a good show in terms of your sales.  :applause:

Didn't make it to the last show since I was on a Baltic cruise then, but this one definitely seem to have fewer attendees than some of the previous shows.  Still seem to be quite a bit of buying though which I found rather surprising since most of the other dealers there all seem to have the same so-called "hot books" for sale in raw condition, but at what appeared to be at full grade prices.  (shrug)

On 10/30/2018 at 2:29 PM, lou_fine said:

:applause:

Still seem to be quite a bit of buying though which I found rather surprising since most of the other dealers there all seem to have the same so-called "hot books" for sale in raw condition, but at what appeared to be at full grade prices.  (shrug)

I actually saw higher asking prices on hot books like Batman: Damned #1 at the small Bellingham comicon about 14 days ago. Taking into consideration the exchange rate, it is sometimes better to buy in Canada.

Pics of the Show with a fancy fish-eye lens posted Van Comic Show Oct, 2018

10 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

I actually saw higher asking prices on hot books like Batman: Damned #1 at the small Bellingham comicon about 14 days ago. Taking into consideration the exchange rate, it is sometimes better to buy in Canada.

Pics of the Show with a fancy fish-eye lens posted Van Comic Show Oct, 2018

Saw few of the Damned books in show, yeah ... prices here is actually good to buy than if buy from U.S. 

I forget about the Bellingham show ... guess I should try next year. And it looks like the February 24th show is sold out again with waiting vendor list. See you again for more fun and love. :foryou: